Dr appointment last week was not good...

KTMom91

My blood sugar's back up, so I'm again officially diabetic. Cholesterol is up. Triglycerides are up. Weight is up five pounds in six months. I had a treadmill test today, and thought I was gonna die. Felt like I couldn't breathe, my chest was so heavy, I had sweat pouring off me...and that was after less than 10 minutes.

I'll admit, I haven't been walking, due to the triple digit temps and lousy air quality during the summer. I have been watching what I eat, trying to compensate for the lack of exercise, but I guess it wasn't enough.

On the positive side, there was nothing on the printout that suggests I have any blockage in my arteries.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good news about the arteries!! I hope the temps start to cool down soon so exercising becomes easier. Just remember-baby steps. Hugs.

I agree - It's good news that your arteries are OK!!! I think that just by posting here, you're ready to make some healthier changes. I also agree with WO that it is easier if you take "baby steps."

Hang in there. YOU CAN DO THIS!!! Start today by just making one positive change. Let us know how it goes... Hugs... SFR

LittleDudesMom

Hey Mary,

now you know....

I agree that by posting here your attitude may be turning healthier!

WO is right, it's all about the baby steps.

You know you can eat healthier and walk those numbers down.

Sharon

M

ML

You can do this! Hopefully the weather is starting to cool down some. It truly is difficult exercising in the heat. You will feel so much better as you begin taking these baby steps to take care of yourself.

I was getting really unhealthy for a while and didn't even realize how bad I had gotten till I measured my waist and a chart said I was obese. Slowly (very slowly, like a half pound a week) the weight has come off and I am taking tennis lessons and feel... well, I still feel almost 50 some days but others I feel ageless.

I'm proud of you for taking the first step and posting.