Everything's ready, signing off for a few, surgery tomorrow

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Tomorrow is my surgery for the knee replacement. I go in at six am and surgery is at 8am. I'll be in my room by 2 pm barring any issues.

Yes, I'm a bit nervous, but I know it will be okay. I have complete confidence in my dr and the staff at the joint center. I haven't been able to sleep in so long and this past week, I've just been thinking too much non stop. I keep giving myself little lectures to calm down.

Tonight difficult child and E are coming over for dinner and we are having a family meeting to go over the schedule for the next few weeks. My friend backed out on me so I need to make a back up plan in terms of having someone here with me after I get home. If H has to he will stay home for the two weeks, but we really can't afford to lose his income and if he doesn't work, he doesn't get paid. I'm feeling a bit hurt by my only friend here, but I can't force her to do what she promised, Know what I mean?? Anyway...

For those of you who are friends on Facebook, I'm going to ask difficult child or easy child to post an update. difficult child has been trying to set up her own account here at cd, but can't get her kindle to post for some reason. If she can get it working, I'll ask her to post an update here in the WC.

Thanks for all your support! Send up a prayer for a successful surgery and speedy recovery if you can please! xo

LittleDudesMom

:angel2: Jo, prayers and hugs your way. I know everything with work out with home care (although your friend's last minute change hoovers) and you will come through surgery with a record-breaking recovery! :angel2:

T

TeDo

Prayers being sent, beads being rattled, all body parts pretzeling. I know it is scary but you will do just fine.

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
Good luck to you, Jo. All the people who have told me that they had knee replacement surgery have said they never regretted their decision. You are going to feel so much better!

cubsgirl

Prayers for a quick recovery. It sounds like you are well-organized and well-prepared. It's too bad your friend backed out and I hope you can find an alternative.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Good luck, Jo. We'll be perched on your shoulder tomorrow to make sure everyone knows what they are doing!

Hugs,
Suz

Nancy

Jo I'm sending all the good wishes I can for a speedy recovery. Suz is right, you will have a lot of guardian angels in the OR with you. And I'm right behind you with a knee replacement.

Hugs,
Nancy

I'll be thinking about you tomorrow and sending good thoughtd for a speedy recovery. Try not to be scared..hugs...have then give you some valium in the IV as soon as you get there. Everything's going to be good.

DammitJanet

I am sending you lots of good thoughts and prayers. I am also anxious to hear how it goes! But dont hold your breath waiting on me to join you...lol

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Thanks so much everyone! I'm so glad I have all you angels looking out for me!

I'm taking a whole Xanax in the morning before I get there. Once they start giving me the happy juice, they can do whatever they want.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Best of luck to you! My prayers are with you.

Just FYI.......unless the doctor ok's that Zanax? I wouldn't take it - it COULD complicate your anesthesia, and they may just send you home. - Nothin on your stomach before surgery - and no complications from the happy juice. Just be careful.

Hugs & Love
Star

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I'm in my room now, the surgery went well, I feel no pain because my knee is still numb. Tomorrow there will be pain after they take the pain block out. I'm very relaxed and sleepy. Thanks for thoughts! I felt the live and support from all of you!