Exhaust

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I've needed a muffler for a while now. It was something husband never got around to. It really wasn't that bad either so just didn't worry about it much.

Suddenly yesterday while taking Travis to school the car was LOUD. I knew I'd have to get the new muffler done, in fact, we talked about it...... On the way home, thank heaven I take the back way through town and not a main street, the exhaust came right off the catalytic converter. So not only do I hear my super loud car.....I hear this ping ping chunka chunka and a I KNOW that's not good. So I pull over. I call sister in law.....which by the way I'm on my way to watch his boys so he can go to work......explain. He has me get out and look if the pipe that came down is facing front or back. Front of course. So he had to load up the boys, grab an extra carseat and come help me. He wired it back up for me and I took his boys home to watch and he went on to work.

Phhht. What a PITA. I'm getting it fixed friday morning. sister in law could do it but it's not his fav thing to do and it's not gonna cost much more to have the shop do it, and they do a good job.

Meanwhile, I'm driving around town with my exhaust wired up. lol sister in law says he wired it well so it should do ok until friday.

And........I've got to schedule to get new tires too. Been needing those for years.

Then my lil baby (the car, they're always my babies if I like them) will be all set. :)

Just getting it done is a pain because of having to be Travis' transport to and from school. We have cab service, but they're so over burdened right now that people have to make an appointment well in advance.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I always hated loud cars, too. Especially when it was my own!

I'm glad sister in law could jury-rig it. Every little bit helps, right?

InsaneCdn

Oh, Lisa.
It never rains but it pours.

Are you sure you haven't got a burned out light somewhere on the car? That would make three, and granny always said troubles come in threes...

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Yup. For sure. sister in law is my mechanic and Travis is my computer dude. And nichole's husband is my software computer dude. I'm very blessed. :rofl:

sister in law is brilliant when it comes to all things mechanical. Still trying to get the boy to see that. He'd make an awesome engineer.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
sister in law already fixed the first thing..........plugs and wires. :)

So I guess I got the 3 covered now. (I hope)

DDD

For some reason I feel vulnerable when I don't have my own wheels ready and waiting. I hate it when the car is in the shop or when difficult child takes my car. Nothing has ever caused trauma being wheelless but it bugs me. When I want to go...I want to go. My Ex was like your sister in law and boy was I shocked to find that husband car barely change a lightbulb!

The "fender bender" that I posted about last week means my car will be in the shop for days. $2200 is the estimate ($500 deductible, groan) but the worst will be not having instant access. Deep down I must have a plan to pick up and escape the madness on the spur of the moment, lol, and without my wheels the plan is thwarted. DDD