Finally its the day ... my sister is coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mattsmom277

I might be slightly nervous to meet my baby sister. I was up until 3a.m. nitpicking over the house. Silly since it's no big deal at all and the house was presentable anyhow. Yet there I was, pretty much just trying to burn off the excitement and settle myself.

No clue what time she'll arrive, if they are early risers they could make the drive to arrive by noon. I expect though that they will arrive sometime later this afternoon.

I'm excited, nervous, happy, overwhelmed, and practicing a zen state of being so that I don't squeeze her to death right off the hop and scare her lol. I will project a aura of calmness when she arrives, but inside my stomach is all twitchy and my heart is pounding and ready to bubble over.

She should be here a minimum of a week, perhaps even longer. It all depends what her moms work schedule has listed as her day off in the new year. She could be here until as late as Jan. 8 or 9.

I'll post an update late tonight when she's off to bed :)

I have a .......

SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESTERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

DDD

I checked the Board Christmas Day thinking about you and wondering how it was going. Somehow I thought she was arriving before the holiday. Like the rest of the CD family I am hoping that this is an awesome experience. Hugs. DDD

Mattsmom277

We're having a wonderful day. Couldn't be better :). She fits right in and wasn't nervous in the least (thus making me no longer nervous). We visited with her 16 year old sister and mother for an hour before we were left on our own. We visited for several hours and then had dinner and watched a movie. We're going to play Rock Band next. She's adorable! She's so poised and mature and her happiness radiates. It's awesome having her here :).

I've taken a couple of pictures and will take more before her visit is over and post them at that time to share. We look a lot alike, especially our hair but mostly our eyes (color, shape, eyebrows, eyelashes). She has my lips too.

She came in the door, off came her boots and coat and she came right up and gave me the biggest bear hug! She also used her christmas money she got from her gramma to stop at the mall here (mall is big deal to her, she's from a very small town) and find a present. Took her an hour and a half to find one apparently! She gave me a beautiful brass decorative "thing" (hard to explain) that spins with the word love in it, and on the bottom is a little round clock standing on the base. She enjoyed her gifts. Then we just have been enjoying hanging out. Laughing already and sneaking looks to see what we notice is similar hehe.

Thanks all for the well wishes. It's going to be a wonderful week or so!

Mattsmom277

I woke up this morning and I'm in the living room having a coffee and waking up. It's so quiet. I keep thinking " My SISTER is in the other room sleeping!". lol So I guess the novelty will take time to wear off, I'm just as excited today. Our aunt messaged me this morning, this is a aunt neither her nor I have met. She is going to drive to town for a couple of hours to visit tomorrow and meet us both. Tis the season for meeting new family around here apparently! My sister has been communicating a bit online with this aunt too so she's happy to hear she's coming down. Should be interesting.

I posted a picture on my facebook yesterday and the concensus from others is that we do look a lot alike. A few people said she is my mini me HAHA.

Favorite moment last night, she looked up from her phone where she was text'ing her mother and with a big smile said "I reallly like it here you know. I can't wait to come back on March break".