Finally, some real R & R!

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I am heading up to Maine today to spend most of the week with my friend at her camp house on Long Lake. With Sophie being sick, and biting Nala, I wasn't sure I could swing it because the vet cost so much. But H gave me some money so I could go! He left for FL this morning, left him at the airport this morning around 6AM-off to see his mom and meet with the mortgage guy his dad used before his death last year (can't believe father in law has been gone a year in only two weeks already!).

Sophie and Nala got into another fight last night and this time Sophie bit Nala's neck, but didnt break the skin thank god. It's always over territory or food...easy child is watching them while we are away so I expressed the importance of keeping them separate. Sophie actually seems worse than she did last week, but hopefully by tomorrow the antibiotics will have helped. She falls a lot so she can't sleep on the beds anymore. I just don't know about her...sigh.

So, my bags are packed and I hit the road at 9! Yay!

Tiapet

Old Hand
H & R, hope you enjoy your vacation. Keeping the dogs separate is a good idea but long term solution is what your needing I think to stop the dominance issue that's going on. We had to deal with that here as well. Perhaps when you get back more refreshed from vacation you'll be able to tackle it and look into some ideas to help. There are a ton out there just googling. Good luck and Enjoy! :)

TerryJ2

Yaaaaayyy! A vacation! How awesome.

Try not to think about the dogs or kids while you're gone. (Easier said than done.)

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
It is just so lovely up here! All worries just wash away. I'm lying in bed right now listening to the water lap against the rocks at the shore, loons calling in the background...I don't want to go to sleep its so wonderful!

I was able to see so many familiar faces today that I've met over the years, very nice. Tomorrow, my friend and I are heading up north to see some moose, if we can find them!

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
H&R, we have a home on Paris Hill which we have been trying to sell for seven years. Long Lake is not that far. husband worked at Stephens Memorial for 23 years. They take care of the kids from all the summer camps in the area. You are blessed to enjoy the experience with no ties attached. Just remember that the Maine state bird is the mosquito, lol!

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
By the way, moose are not hard to find in Southern Maine, just drive along the turnpike, you might hit one at the Maine Mall exit!!! We did.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Wow 3S, very cool! Our family stated at a camp not far from Paris! In fact while there we ran into none other than mr. Stephen King! At a quaint little market. It's such a beautiful area, I would love to have a vaca home here but it's a bit of drive for me only to enjoy weekends, Know what I mean?? The friend I'm staying with is lucky enough to stay up here for the entire month of July!

hearts and roses,

I'm so glad you're enjoying yourself, relaxing, etc... I love Maine too! It's such a beautiful state! It's been years since I've been there, wish I turn back the clock for just a day... There is something just so magical about Maine, near the ocean, etc..., surrounded by breathtaking scenery... listening to all the sounds of nature... It's definitely the place to go when a bit of R & R is needed - Enjoy every minute... SFR

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
H&R, Stephen King has a camp on Kezar Lake, in Lovell. You might bump into Willem Dafoe if you ever go to the Hannaford in Oxford. I was once on line behind him. Very odd feeling since he played Jesus in The Last Temptation Of Christ!

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
3S, we ran into Stephen King at the local Reneys today. It was funny, my friend stopped him and asked for a picture and he said no, lol. She was a bit sketchy though, which is kind of ironic considering it was Stephen King! Beautiful day!