For those watching the Casey A. trial.....

klmno

Yes, juror #4. I'm not sure what actually happened in court yesterday to make the commentators be talking about her on the news. It was hard for me to decipher what happened at jury selection from what might have happened yesterday. Maybe they were just speculating that because she made that statement at jury selection and now seems very sympatheitc to the defense, that it could lead to a hung jury.

DDD

I had the tv on for a few minutes earlier and I was shocked. Yeah, I was. The commentators said that George and Cindy's attorney was asked questions about the case and allegedly stated "they believe Casey is guilty and although they love her they hope there will be justice for Caylee". Can't imagine that an attorney would speak that freely to the press without advanced permission from his clients! DDD

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
I saw that too DDD - wow - I wonder at what point their denial came to an end. I can't even imagine how they are feeling having to admit that.

Marcie

donna723

I think the most that the Anthonys are hoping for is that she does not get the death penalty. At first I thought she would surely get the death penalty but now I'm not so sure. The commentators were saying on TV that the jury may not go with the death penalty even though she deserves it because that would only impose more grief and pain on her parents to lose their daughter too. It's a sad, sad thing.

DammitJanet

OMFriggenGOSH!!!! Cindy is changing her testimony!!!!!!!!

She is completely doing a 180 and attempting to take blame for all the internet searches for the chloroform. She also says that even though her work records states she was at work, they have it listed wrong in those work records and she could go back and prove that if she could only get into her old work computer but she cant do that because she doesnt work there anymore. Yeah right.

And her reason for doing those searches? An email that said something about how those hand sanitizers could be harmful.

klmno

Geez.....

I only caught a few mins of commentators while eating luch at work. Regarding the Anthony's attny saying something about Cindy and George's opinions, they said the original report was taken out of context, that the Anthony's had said they didn't think Casey was innocent. Well, I don't know what the context was so that could mean a lot in between "not guilty/innocent on all counts" and "guilty of premeditated murder".

But this testimony by Cindy- I'm just hearing about it and am floored. If she's lying and they prove it, isn't there a big penalty for perjury? If it was true that Cindy made the searches, wouldn't she have told the prosecution long before now?? Did she just suddenly get desparate to save Casey's life because she fears she's losing this trial so now she decided to lie?

Did she do the search for neck-breaking, too?

DammitJanet

Well she tried to go round and round about the neck breaking thing saying she searched about injuries because a coworker had a child or something who had just been injured so she may have searched for something related to an injury. Now when asked why she couldnt just look things up at work, she replied they didnt have that "type" of internet at her job. Odd.

klmno

Well I guess this will be dealt with again during the rebuttal after the prosecution has had a chance to regroup. I can't believe it.

donna723

I really don't believe her. Why would she search about chlorophyll(?) to see why her dog was sleepy? Makes no sense to me. And it is a complete reversal of what she said on her deposition. And surely there must be some way to find out from her former job whether she was there or not on that day ... if they had time to check it out but this was sprung on them. Even if the attendance records weren't accurate, there has to be some kind of documentation, patient records, etc., that would show if she was there or not. I can't say as I can blame her if she's doing this to try to save her daughter's life but I just don't buy it.

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
I don't know, maybe it is just me, but if I had a dog that I was thinking that might have eaten a bamboo plant in the back yard, I would just google "Is eating bamboo a hazard to a dog" OR the sane logical thing to do is call the dang vets office LOL

Am just stunned - and realize where Casey got her "liar" gene from :(

Marcie

klmno

A commentator said she (the commentator) specifically remembers the original computer expert testifying that one search was clearly "how to make chloroform" and Cindy testified she did not search for how to make it. If the work computer is still around somewhere with that hard drive still in tact, they might be able to come up with something. Also, they might be able to find someone at work who would remember- that's a long shot, but you know sometimes you remember specific things if it happened to be your child's b-day, for example, and you chatted with this person after work about the party, or something like that. Or maybe it was the day you had the office party celebrating someone's retirement. Long shot but hopefully they can find something.

I wonder if George is going to change any of his positions now, too.

Last edited:

DammitJanet

Yeah...now we know where she got that liar gene. Seriously. Cindy can remember being at home on March 21st of 2008 at 2:31, really???? Really?

Marcie...where were you at that time? Exactly.

And Cindy claims her memory is better now than it was then...oh please!

klmno

Maybe this is the type of stuff Leonard was referring to when he said Cindy gets an idea or something she wants to happen and gets pretty strong-willed and controlling to make sure it happens. I had just assumed she was a strong woman, dysfunctional maybe but a little warrior in her from raising a difficult child. I would have believed what Cindy said today if she had said it long before now but the wish-washy, changing stories are too much in that family.

klmno

Ah Ah!! They just got it- he just testified that it specifically said it was typed in "how to make chloroform".

So I guess it's just coincidence that Cindy was seearching for this for her dog while "someone else" was searching about how to make it??

Yep- happens in my house all the time. I'm glad this happened within hours of Cindy testifying that she didn't search for how to make it. The jury should see right thru this.

H

HaoZi

I love that I can get home, come here, and get updated on all the dirty stuff in this case.
Ok, now what exactly is the link between chloroform and bamboo? That kinda lost me.

DammitJanet

Im glad they have some computer experts on the stand and I believe there is at least one of the jurors who is a computer technician or something.

Ok...I just did an experiment and I pray nobody dies in my house...lol. I typed in chloroform and it does not bring up those words in the search box. Because of the trial it is all over the links but not in the search box.

Now because of my computer experience I do know that if you type stuff into the search box it will be there to help you type it in again next time you go back there. Just is. Happens here too if you have ever noticed when you go to type in your title on your post.

Cindy is just trying to save Casey's butt. I hope the jury doesnt buy it.

klmno

Cindy said one of her dogs was lethargic (my word) and the dog had been eating bamboo leaves in the yard so she did the searchers for chlorophyl and chloroform in order to determine if the bamboo leaves had some connection to these toxins (????) It didn't really add up. But the point was that Cindy was trying to say it was her doing those searches on the computer instead of Casey and that Casey and she might have traded off time on the computer and that would explain why there were intermittent times a person was going to myspace (Cindy didn't have myspace, Casey did), but then the prosecution got it out that there was only 20 secs between the searches and going to my space.