Fresh new he**

Discussion in 'Parent Emeritus' started by mrscatinthehat, Dec 6, 2013.

1. mrscatinthehat

mrscatinthehat Seussical

Gfg2s civil commitment was overturned by the state supreme court. This roller coaster never ends.

I am grateful husband called to tell me while I was at work. I allowed myself about a half hour pity party and now I am trying to focus on work. Obviously not completely successful on that but working at.

I hope some sort of magic intervention happens.

Beth

2. scent of cedar

scent of cedar New Member

Oh no, Beth. I don't know what to say or how to extend comfort, but I do know this: Recovering described that shocky, horrified feeling to me as FOG. That is what it feels like, like the ground has gone crashing out from under us, and we can't see how to stand up again, how to function, how to even think. When I have been in that place, it has helped me so much to name it, and to know it will pass. Like me, you will be able to think again. You will come to terms with it, and you will be able to go on from here.

For now, know that I am sending you courses and courses of strength, helping you to know you will make it through this until you know that for yourself.

Deep breaths will help. Monitoring your own responses will help you get a handle on your emotions and give you a place to stand, a little crevice to dig into and hang on.

I am praying for you right now, Beth. Sending light and strength and a sense of composure.

What a horrible shock.

I'm so sorry this is happening.

Cedar

3. dstc_99

dstc_99 Well-Known Member

I am so sorry! I don't know the whole story but please stay safe.
    :smile:

4. scent of cedar

How are you this morning, Beth? Have you been able to talk to your son?

Cedar

5. Hound dog

Hound dog Nana's are Beautiful

((hugs))

Please keep us updated beth.

6. recoveringenabler

recoveringenabler Well-Known Member Staff Member

7. mrscatinthehat

mrscatinthehat Seussical

No word from difficult child 2. He can be held until things are finalized. Today's fresh and cheery part is now it is on the internet.

8. scent of cedar

That is awful. I remember watching a television program on domestic abuse once?

And there was my daughter, being hit.

It was unbelievably hard to function when it was a private matter. So unreal, to see it made public like that.

Light a candle for him, say a prayer for him and for yourself. Repeat the Serenity Prayer until it helps.

God, grant me the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change
    the Courage to change the things I can
    and the Wisdom to know the difference.

Keep posting, Beth. It helps, and there are times when even the smallest ray of light makes all the difference in the world.

Cedar

9. Hopeless

Hopeless ....Hopeful Now

Hugs and prayers!

10. DammitJanet

DammitJanet Well-Known Member Staff Member

Oh no! What on earth are they thinking. Please be safe when he does get out.

11. DDD

DDD Well-Known Member

Sending supportive and caring hugs your way. DDD

12. KTMom91

KTMom91 Well-Known Member

Many hugs, Beth.

13. scent of cedar

Holding a good thought for you and for your family, Beth.

Cedar

14. SomewhereOutThere

SomewhereOutThere Well-Known Member

I don't really know the story, but I am assuming that this adult child is a danger to you. Please take care. I am sooooooooooooo sorry.

Pam