Fun thread: Favorite Christmas or other seasonal type song

BusynMember

I love Christmas songs. My favorites of many are Silent Night, Baby, It's Cold Outside, Home for Christmas and I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Clause (always one that somehow made me year up).

What are your favorites and maybe memories attached to certain songs?

mof

Momdidntsignupforthis
Hard Candy Christmas and Christmas Canon. and Kenney Rogers..Mary did you know....

I just love Xmas music too.

Lil

You know, I really like Christmas songs...most all of them. My favorite religious traditional one is Oh Holy Night. I also love God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen...and I LOVE Mary, Did You Know. Have you heard the Pentatonix version?

[Official Video] Mary, Did You Know? - Pentatonix

On the more secular side, I'm very fond of I'll Be Home for Christmas, Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas, and The Christmas Song. The Manheim Steamroller Christmas album is great and the Trans Siberian Orchestra.

And THIS version of The Little Drummer Boy.

Yeah...I like them all. LOL :mistletoe:

KTMom91

White Christmas. I LOVE that movie. Being from California, I have never had a white Christmas. Usually it's gray and foggy.

susiestar

Roll With It
My family thinks I am a Grinch when it comes to Christmas music. I only like it for about a week around Christmas itself. Too many years of singing it for MONTHS in the choir at catholic school, I think. My husband starts listening to it on or before Thanksgiving and he can drive me crazy with Feliz Navidad and Jingle Bell Rock. I don't hate them, but after then tenth time or so, I am about done. But I was usually there by September in school, and he never had that particular experience, so I can't blame him.

This is what headphones are for, lol! And classic rock that we both like.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I have several favorites, but the #1 top of the heap is Christmas Eve/Sarajevo 12-24 by Trans Siberian Orchestra.

Back story, though. in 2000, I was in Oklahoma with XH, parents were back in Ohio. First and (so far) ONLY Christmas I have ever spent without them. My mom sent me the TSO CD. Unknown to her, the story is about a girl who can't get home for Christmas. Yeah. So now that song - the moment I hear it - says "HOME" and "LOVE" to me.