Fun thread: Favorite Christmas or other seasonal type song

BusynMember

I love Christmas songs. My favorites of many are Silent Night, Baby, It's Cold Outside, Home for Christmas and I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Clause (always one that somehow made me tear up).

I keep Christmas music on at home until after New Years.

What are your favorites and maybe memories attached to certain songs? Winter and Hannukah songs welcome!! This thread is not for a religion but for a season. Everyone welcome!

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
I don't really like Mariah Carey - think she is a Diva - but I love her song

All I Want for Christmas is You

I think that is my favorite adult type song but I do like all the traditional songs as well!

LittleDudesMom

Love Christmas and everything that goes with it! My fav songs:

The Little Boy that Santa Claus Forgot (Nat King Cole)
The Joy of Christmas Morn (John Denver and the Muppets)
You are My Holiday (Susan Greenbaum)
O Come O Come Emmanuel
O Holy Night

I could list 10 more but that would bore you!!!!!

Sharon

Californiablonde

I love Christmas, but for some reason hate Christmas songs. The only one I like is from a band called Wham and it's called "Last Christmas." You know, it's the song that goes "Last Christmas, I gave you my heart. The very next day, you gave it away. This year, to save me from tears, I'll give it to someone special"

That song in particular has special meaning for me. When I was 19, the boyfriend I had, that I was head over heels in love with, was cheating on me for months. I didn't know he was cheating at first. One day, he literally just stopped taking my calls. He wouldn't answer my voicemails. I would drive to his house, he would lock the doors, turn off the lights, and pretend he wasn't home.

I knew it was because he wanted to break up with me. I just didn't know why. Literally no clue. Anyway, it was Christmas time, and they kept playing that Wham song on the radio. I would listen to it constantly, and cry my eyes out. About a month later, my boyfriend finally answered the phone, and admitted he was cheating but he didn't have the heart to tell me. So he hid. Even considering the circumstances with the song, to this day I still love it for some reason.