Funny Morning. Little difficult child got his first day labor job today!

DDD

The phone rings at 6:15. Not a good sign, lol. It is difficult child (the AS,SA,ADHD etc kid)
and he is all excited. The Day Labor company has offered his a job for the day. He has pretty diligently been going there at 6 AM each morning and it has been a no go.

Well......he needs me to drive him to work "please". I smile as I say "be right there".

OMG, sooo funny..the job was TWO towns away. He was anxious and proud all the way and I'm thinking geez how much time and gas is this costing me. It took 25 minutes to get there even with my heavy foot. Guess it will be 25 minutes bringing him home too.

He hasn't got a clue that it will cost me more in gas than he makes working. on the other hand, I am proud that he stuck to it until he got a hit. Here's hoping they don't want him five days a week. I'll have to get a supplemental job to pay for transporting him to his labor job. :bigsmile: DDD

T

Truthsong

Congratulations to your difficult child!

I love your attitude about this. I'm sure the confidence he gains from this acceptance and experience will far outweigh the amount you spend on gas. You have a generous and kind heart. He is lucky to have you.
:likeit:

susiestar

Roll With It
Congrats! Often after you get the first job and do a good job then you get more offers and can find ones closer to home. I am glad that he stuck with it and wants to work!

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
Good for him :)

Made me smile - Danny will be 27 in March - doesn't have a driver's license OR a car - SO or I still shuttle him around occasionally - only change now is that he will fork our for gas :)

Marcie