good bedtime

elisem

The folks at the hospital yesterday would never have believed this if they could have seen it.

Bedtime was remarkably peaceful. We all read stories, listened to dad play the harmonica (there was a harmonica in one of the stories and difficult child asked what that is so I pulled ours out and Dad played them a song), both boys tried the harmonica themselves, then we all held hands and said a prayer, and then the boys went to bed in their shared room very peacefully. It was not only like an "ordinary" family, it was like a hallmark family!!! It was also a much needed oasis of peace.

For the moment, at least, little probably bipolar difficult child had Jekyll back! We just take it one moment at a time and deal with whatever we get at that point.

Cheers!

C

Marguerite

Enjoy the Hallmark moment. Write it down, before you forget any of it, so you will always have a record of a magical moment. We get so few of them!

Marg

Coookie

C

What a wonderful evening. :smile: As Marg said we get those so infrequently and they are hard to remember during the tough times so writing it down is a good idea. :smile:

Hope you have many more of those "Hallmark" moments. They are so precious.

Hugs

On_Call

Aww! I'm so glad you had such a great night!!

I agree with the previous posts - write it down - complete with the date! You may need to take that out some other night and remind yourself that a peaceful night can and does sometimes exist!

Enjoy!!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I think we, as parents of difficult children, learn to savor these moments more than parents of typical kids. (notice I didn't say "normal" lol)

Glad you had a nice bedtime. :smile: