Good-bye Grasshopper aka David Carradine

gcvmom

Here we go again!
He was found in his hotel room, an apparent suicide. I loved watching the Kung Fu series as a kid... brings back lots of memories. What a tragic end to great actor. :(

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
He was in the middle of filming a movie.
My adopted Dad made me watch that show from that time it started... but I ended up loving it. :)
I loved his come back in Kill Bill.

Lothlorien

How sad. I used to watch Kung Fu with my dad. He has an incredible filmography. If you look him up on IMBD.com, he had such an incredible career.

trinityroyal

That is very sad.

When they did a remake of Kung Fu back in the 90's, it was filmed here in Toronto not far from where I was living at the time, in Chinatown. Used to see David Carradine in and out of the local restaurants all the time.

eekysign

He was in the middle of filming a movie.
My adopted Dad made me watch that show from that time it started... but I ended up loving it. :)
I loved his come back in Kill Bill.

Oh thank god. I'm slightly ashamed to say that I saw "Thailand" and "famous person dead" and thought bad things about the Thai sex trade.

Too many stories end that way, I'm glad this one does not.

Marguerite

Aussie news wasn't saying suicide, but possible accidental hanging.

We went through this a few years ago in Australia when Michael Hutchence (lead singer of INXS) died.

The theory is - possible auto-erotic asphyxiation gone wrong. So possibly they're thinking similar possibilities need to be at least considered in this case too.

We had another big news about a death today - a famous face form an Aussie TV show, a brain surgeon on a reality TV show over a number of years. He ironically got brain cancer himself and his treatment (controversial at times) was publicised. Our Prime Minister has offered a state funeral. From what we saw on TV, he was a lovely bloke. A lot of patients of his have shared about their memories of him. It is so ironic that many of them had been successfully treatede by him for the same type of cancer that killed him.

So for us, two famous deaths, both a shock (although Chris O'Brien's death was something we sadly knew was coming).

Marg

lovemysons

That IS very sad. From what I read, he was in his 70's...I was telling husband last night "I don't understand why a person would kill themselves at that age (especially with no major health concerns) I mean you would think after 70 yrs you've survived/been through enough that you wouldn't want to end it all by suicide"...Anyway, it just doesn't make sense to me.
Plus I think I read that he was in the middle of filming...

Tammy

Marguerite

Bingo!

Do not read on if likely to be shocked. But it does happen. This matches with reports yesterday morning Aussie time, in our media.

Marg