Good Memorial Day Monday!

tiredmommy

Good morning. :coffee:

husband is feeling better today and neither Duckie nor myself are showing signs of getting sick so that is reason to celebrate in itself. I'll do some grocery shopping later and Duckie will have a play date.

Have a great day! Remember freedom isn't free! :salute:

Marguerite

G'day.

TM, I'm glad husband is feeling better. You and Duckie hang in there, don't get sick.

It's late on Monday night here, difficult child 3 is an hour past his bedtime and HAS to tell me in minute detail the intricacies of the latest software download and how it works.

I don't need to know. But I can't even interrupt him long enough to say that. The later he is to bed, the more he has to talk and the less sense he makes. And the longer it takes. And the less I get done and the more tired I get.

I'm still fighting off this bug (it's not swine flu). We've had a quiet day today, just getting work done. Same tomorrow, at this rate. Wednesday is going to be busier. It's good to not be busy all the time.

Enjoy your Monday.

Marg

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

TM-I'm glad husband is feeling better and you and Duckie didn't catch it!! Enjoy the day.

As usual husband and I will go to the health club. Also I need to mop the floor and drive easy child across town so she can work on a school project with her friends. Somehow a nap will be taken as well.

I'm remembering those who have fought and continue to fight for our country so we can enjoy our many freedoms.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful:

Andy

:proudamerican::bbq::windy:
No Memorial Day Smilies?
.​
Tired - I am glad all are feeling well in your home!

We plan a BBQ because K told Diva she would be coming to our house for one. I jokingly told her to come over whenever and if we were still in bed she could start the food. I then let her choose the time for the gathering and she choose 2:00. We will start the board games at 2:00 and grill out closer to 5:00 since 2:00 in too late for lunch and too early for supper.

I put the windy smilie in because there are large chances of rain and possible thunderstorms today. We will grill in the garage. I hope husband gets home by then. difficult child confessed to me there was a grill fire yesterday when he made us hamburgers. He refused to use foil so some food fell into the grill. He told me he turned it off and I suggested that next time he just unplug it. I will have to keep a closer eye on it when he grills inside the garage.

I made a rhubarb cake from scratch yesterday. I used to make one every Spring growing up and it has been years since I have made one. The batter was great! I am now considering making a sweet sauce but don't know that anyone would eat it.

Everyone have a great day and find a way to make your kids laugh. Board games today will do it in our home - I can't wait - It will be a super fun afternoon/evening.

Andy

Marg and Wiped Out - you both snuck in on me!

Marg - Software details is enough to put me to sleep. My kids are the same. I knew how tired they were based on how much they increased their talking. Hope he drops soon.

Wipe Out - Have a great day today. Good luck to easy child on the school project.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning all,

TM, so glad to hear that husband is on the mend. Better news that you nor Duckie are feeling ill. Enjoy your day.

Marg, both kt & wm get silly before bedtime & they always work hard at delaying bedtime. by the way, that's how I became timer lady ~ I wore a timer on each collar (one for each tweedle) & I used it to scoot them off to bed & many other things.

Sharon, enjoy that nap.

Andy, I love rhubarb cake ~ my mom grew rhubarb in her garden & made kuchens every spring. It was such a treat. If I were closer I'd eat anything you cook with rhubarb. by the way, if you make rhubarb sauce in a stainless steel pot you wouldn't believe how clean & shiny it is afterward.

I'm about to start hmj (need a diet coke of late to start the day) & get some more work done in the yard ~ or my niece K & I will head out & hit a bucket of balls.