Good Morning Saturday

Marguerite

G'day, folks.

Well, it's late saturday night here and we're so tired! husband had an early start this morning, I wasn't much after him. All this after a 2 am bedtime! I can't function on 4-5 hours' sleep for too many nights in a row.

First thing, the electrician to fix our oven. And he couldn't. So it could be expensive to even find out if it CAN be fixed. Uuntil then, we have an oven grill element that works and a cooktop that is on the way out. Thankfully summer is coming in, we can live on salads.

Then I had back-to-back meetings beginning midday. First finalise the writing competition judging. That took almost two hours, just had time for lunch and the next meeting started. It was hectic, I take the minutes so I was busy. We went over time by half an hour, then I had to stay back and help organise prizes for the competition. The presentation is in a week! And a week after that we have a networking dinner. Then three weeks later, a writing workshop for the competition winners. Then it's the rundown to Christmas! Somewhere in there will be difficult child 3's exams for school.

Where has the year gone?

I came home after the meetings (almost didn't bother) with just enough time to grab something to eat (courtesy of husband being a darling - he bought some seafood for a quick, tasty meal) then we had to head back out again (husband thankfully driving) to collect easy child 2/difficult child 2 & SIL2 from the airport (arriving back from honeymoon) and took them back to their flat. difficult child 1 & daughter in law turned up soon after (bringing back the car) and they "buggered off to the pub". The kids are heading to our place tomorrow to open wedding presents and take their wedding clobber back home with them. Somewhere in there (maybe in the morning, AFTER I sleep in but before the kids arrive) I'll get to the art exhibition in my friend's gallery.

Next day, the wedding photos will at last be available to view online. I can't wait!

On the way home tonight it began to rain. It's been quite hot and sunny today, so the rain hitting the still-hot bitumen evaporated into clouds billowing in the headlights. It looked like a scene from a ghost movie!

Enjoy your Saturday, folks.

Marg

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Marg-Wow-what a long day-I don't know how you do it all. I hope they are able to come up with an inexpensive fix for your oven.

Just easy child and me this weekend as husband is off to the football game and difficult child is at respite. Last night easy child just watched tv on her own-enjoying the quiet. It's very quiet at our house. I think the quiet might start to end though as I've been hearing lots of car doors opening and closing-I'm hoping they're not here to work on the house today-I want some quiet!

This morning at some point I'll go to the club and then home to watch the game before leaving for a work meeting/celebration for ww. I'm hoping to also get church in tonight so I can sleep in tomorrow but we'll see.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful:

LittleDudesMom

:pumpkin: Good morning all!

Sorry I've been away from the board the last week...book fair week.

Marg, about four years ago my oven went on the fritz. I could use the burners but not the oven...come to find out, they no longer made that type of oven and it would be very expensive to get it serviced. A new oven was needed - I spent the summer without the oven and saving here and there to get the stove I wanted. Fortunately, I don't use the oven a whole lot in the summer so it wasn't too much of an inconvenience! How fun, seeing the wedding pics! Enjoy your Sunday.

Sharon, what a lovely, quiet weekend for you! Hitting service this evening sounds like a good plan. When I plan on sleeping in though, I always to wake early!

My busy week has reached an end! I started calculating last night and realized that since difficult child began elementary school, I have chaired 14 book fairs! I will have my last one in the spring. I've been chairing the fair since difficult child started elem and helping out since easy child was in preschool! They don't do them in high school so another ending in the spring! We exceeded my sales goal by a little over $400 so it was a success!

Today is about catching up, slowly, on some things around the house and just hanging out and enjoying the fire! I started the two gas fireplaces on Wed and it's wonderful to have your coffee by the warmth!

Wishing every a great Saturday :jack:.

Sharon