Good Morning Tuesday

Marguerite

G'day, people.

Today was very hot, over 40 C (104 F) in some parts of the state. Thankfully, not here.

We waited until mid afternoon before going to the beach, however. And the sun was still searingly hot. The water was much rougher than Sunday, but warmer. It was lovely, not too cold for my sore hips, but unfortunately too rough for me to stay in for long. I cooled off though, then lay in the sun for a while, then went back to wash off the sand. Today I didn't bother lying on a towel, I just lay on the sand.

It's funny - despite the floods which recently washed through inland NSW, despite the rain in places - they say that another 1% of the state is officially in drought. The rain was not enough, the floods were just passing through.

Tomorrow I see the physiotherapist again. It won't be so hot, but hopefully will still be good beach weather.

We're really in the grip of a hot Aussie summer now. The village is full of tourists, swimsuits are on parade everywhere and we can feel smug because when they all go home (usually to the much hotter west of Sydney) we get to stay here!

If I can share this with you wherever you are, then hold on to this little scrap of summer and let it warm you.

Enjoy your Tuesday.

Marg

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning Friends,

Marg-Sounds like an incredibly hot day. You really do get the hot weather where you are! Time at eh beach sounds perfect and I love that you share that with us!

Feeling incredibly tired this morning. I'll be fine once I'm out of bed and showered. husband's dad came through surgery yesterday! Now the very long healing process begins both physically and mentally.

Tonight is suppose to be book club and I was finally going to go but it looks like I probably won't make it now. easy child doesn't have cheer practice so husband and I need to get both kids home (unfortunately still a few hours apart). I doubt very much I'm going to want to drive another 20 miles back to the other side of town. It is a good book this month; Look Me in the Eyes.

I've also started another really good book; The Help.

Wishing everyone a day with many reasons to smile:D

LittleDudesMom

;) Good Morning!

Marg, glad you can get out and enjoy the the water - as much as I love the cold weather and the snow, the shore is one of my favorites as well!

Sharon, sorry you won't be able to make it to your book club - I know you enjoy it and, it's good to have something that is just yours! Hope you decide to take the drive.

Well, I'm trying to get back to the grind here. After two weeks of holiday break and four days in Charleston, I feel like I've been off the game for months!

My birthday trip to Charleston was fabulous! The place we stayed, The French Quarter Inn (if you are ever planning a trip there, I highly suggest you check them out online), was gorgeous and the service was impecible. The sights were glorious - the homes were amazing. The shopping was great - I definately came home with more than I traveled down with.....the food was delicious!

So now, it's back to work! difficult child did great while I was gone. Nice to know he's at an age where, with a little check-in and care from his sister, he can manage without mom for a few days!

It's off to the office for most of the day for me, then a quick run to the grocer before picking up difficult child. Hope your day is a good one :D.

Sharon