Good Morning Tuesday

Marguerite

Summer is a'coming in!

The temperature today in Sydney was 27 C - 80 F! And it's only a few days into spring!

difficult child 3 had a lesson at school which we went in for. He drove both ways, including helping me with some shopping. He continued to wear his fingerless gloves, his ugg boots and his sweater even as I peeled off layers down to a t-shirt. He finally caved on the drive home - I mimed having a heart attack from the shock.

Of course our evenings are still cool, but they are beginning to warm up too.

I am really looking forward to summer, but if these early days are any indication, it's going to be a scorcher!

Enjoy your Tuesday.

Marg

LittleDudesMom

Good Morning Marg and all to Follow :mornincoffee:

Well, it's the first day of school around here and difficult child was up before I was! Don't think for a minute it was with excitement though!

Marg, always interesting to hear how polar our weather is - I know how much you enjoy the warm weather and you know how crazy I am about the cold! The seasons are changing perfectly!

For those of you sending your little ones (or can't believe they're not little anymore ones) off to school today - here's hoping the day starts soothly and there are some smiles as they return home!

Sharon

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Marg-As you are heating up we are cooling down. Our high yesterday was only 63 (two days earlier it had been in the 90s)!

Sharon-I hope that difficult child has a great first day!!

Although our first day was last Thursday due to my father in law's funeral we weren't there. This is the first day for difficult child and me. husband is taking one extra day off. It seems so weird to be going in for my first day when my students have already had two days of school. I'll be doing some conferences after school today so it will be a long first day!

Wishing everyone a peaceful one:)

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning all,

Marg, enjoy the warmth of spring. I love your sense of humor with difficult child 3.
Sharon (ldm), hoping for a good day at school for difficult child.
Sharon (with-o), here's to a wonderful first day of your school year.

Time for me to pull it together, I guess. kt will be discharged at the end of the month & I'm searching for a school for ms. ktbug. On a more personal note I'm going in for orientation at vocational rehabilitation to see if/when I will be able to return to work.

Have a good day, friends.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Good morning all!

Marg, wow, the idea of Spring arriving rather than summer departing has me filled with envy - enjoy!
Sharon, enjoy the first day of school - I remember it being lovely.
Sharon, you also enjoy your first day of school!
Linda, Good luck!

I spent the morning at the allergist's office with difficult child. I was there for a run of the mill appointment, but she was having tests done for further food allergies. Poor kid doesn't eat any fruit for fear she will end up in the ER again. So this morning they tested her for apples, plums, nectarines, blueberries and blackberries. All fruits she would really like to eat. Turns out she's allergic to blueberries, blackberries, and of all things, APPLES, omg. Her arm blew up and they had to give her a breathing treatment and benadryl (she's now at my house sleeping it off, lol). Even the Dr was super surprised by the outcome. He was banking on the nectarine and plum being the allergens. She has to stay away from pineapple & cherries also (those are deadly for her) as well as apples, pomegranites, kiwi and some others - and she needs to carry an epi pen with her at all times. Yeesh - poor kid. I have poison ivy, otherwise I got a clean bill of health from the allergist, lol.

have a great one!