Good Saturday Morning

Wiped Out

Staff member
Happy Saturday Ladies:good_morning:

The weekend is here and while I wish I was still snoozing I do like my Saturday morning ww job. Even so I'm afraid to get on the scale this morning. I haven't been good lately either with the eating or exercising!

After work I'll probably come home and nap for a bit and then at some point we will head to the health club.:exercisebike:

Not a lot on our agenda today which I like! The temperature right now is 45!!!!!!! Our high today is 46. We should have some serious melting going on today!!!!

Wishing everyone a peaceful and relaxing day:flower:

tiredmommy

Good morning. :coffee:

I haven't made the morning thread (or many other threads for that matter) for several days now. I think the bad cold I had while out in Southern California has finally caught up to me... I'm exhausted. I've been busy too. I started a new part time job as a call-in substitute teacher aide at the school (I've worked one day), been trying to get flyers hung for a benefit dinner for one of my cheerleaders' families that lost their Dad last fall, and helping Duckie to get pre-orders for Girl Scout cookies. I made the decision last week to step-down from my Sunday School teacher position after Pentecost. I just have too much going on and desperately need down time.

Duckie really struggled this week. She, too has been sick with a cold and very tired. She ended up in major meltdown mode by Tuesday evening. She's doing better but I really could use a break.

Next week will be busy from mid-week on: Wednesday is a class field trip to see The Tale of Despereaux, I go back to kindergarten on Thursday to help out for the 100th Day and I make cupcakes for the Valentine's Day celebration on Friday. At least it's all fun stuff!

Have a great day! :salute:

Marguerite

G'day, people.

Sharon/WO, enjoy the thaw at last. A sign of warmer days to come.

TM, I think you made a good decision to give you some more free time. Good for you helping Duckie with her pre-orders. It's all good experience for them, in how this sort of thing works.

We have done OK so far in the expected heat. The news out west - not so good. And some idiot wascaught lighting fires in the north of Sydney. Victoria - 14 people have been killed in fires, they are afraid it could be as many as 40. Many of these fires were deliberately lit, they caught the people repsonsible.

Tomorrow will be nasty in NSW, we'll probably be OK at our place because we're close enough to the ocean. Also, we battened down the hatches. I went to mother in law's this morning to make sure her place was closed up - she wouldn't let me shut all the windows, said they wouldn't be enough to make any difference. I knew better but couldn't force it.
difficult child 1 & daughter in law are camping with friends down by the lagoon; we drove down there this afternoon to find them but although we found their car, they weren't there. So we went for a swim, took mother in law in for a swim also. The water was so warm - we estimated it was at least 25 C (77 F) in the water. Then we finally made contact with difficult child 1, so we were able to meet up for a brief chat and to give him his birthday presents from us. They strike camp by midday tomorrow, they will be dropping in afterwards. I suspect by then we'll all be ready for another swim.

The heat should be broken by a storm tomorrow afternoon late. After that we should have cooler summer weather for the rest of the week. That will be good - we have a busy week coming up, it will be good to not have to hide from the heat all the time.

Enjoy your Saturday.

Marg

LittleDudesMom

:salute: Good Morning Friends!!

Sharon, hope your day is peaceful and napping!

Tired, over extending ourselves can often create more stress in our lives and ultimately in our difficult children lives as well. Good for you for being more realistic with your time contraints.

Marg, awful about the fires! Glad to hear the weather is breaking for. Hope your Sunday is a good one.

Busy day. Didn't get a chance to clean top to bottom this week so I have some housework early (going to get started in the next 30), have to prep difficult child for his snow tubing trip with bonehead (church metor group activity), easy child has a lot of photography work to do for class today and tomorrow. Our weather is going to be spring-like today so my cuz and I are going to toss something on the grill tonight!

Hope your Saturday is a good one!

;)Sharon

Andy

Good Morning!

Wiped Out - I hope there is lots of melting for you today. I was surprised how much melting we had yesterday. February thaws can really help keep the Spring flooding down if it is done right.

Tired Mommy - I hope you and Duckie are both 100 percent feeling better real soon. You need your energy for next week's fun events. I love Girl Scout cookies. I think they are an easy sell since most people do look forward to them.

Marg - All I can say is "YIKES - Hot hot hot!" I can see all your energy is focused on ways to keep cool.

Yesterday's Fabulous February Friday was a great success. I had enough station leaders for me to float around and help as needed. We had some very exited kids. I had to have a talk to one group about how our behavior reflects on our school. "Do you want your behavior to send a message that kids at our school do not listen and are disrespectful to each other? I know you are just playing around but to those who do not know you, it really does look like you are fighting. You need to be on good behavior today." They agreed and settled down (and still had fun).

The next Fabulous February Friday is Feb 20th. I have a good list of activities for the kids to choose from. I just need adults to help. I will give the students the list of choices on Wednesday and let station leaders know by Friday how many will be in each of their classes.

Non easy child Diva drove an hour to our storage shed with two friends last night. She wants to take the little car on her 6 hour solo drive next weekend. husband told her that SHE had to shovel it out. She has a way of getting others to do her work! Somehow her friend's brother ended up helping. husband and I are sure that the friend and brother pretty much did all the work. husband is going to switch out his truck for the little car today.

I suspect today will be cleaning and selling chocolate bars.

Everyone have a great day today. Find a way to make your kids laugh.

Andy

Little Dude's Mom - Enjoy the warmer weather. How can Marg have such hot weather when our weather is warming up? Hopefully our cold weather is heading her way!

We need to purchase a grill this Spring. I am nervous about it because electric grills are near impossible to find and I know difficult child will do a lot a grilling again this Summer- not looking forward to having him deal with propane.

Janna

Good morning everyone!

Very hectic this A.M., but wanted to say hi and wish you all a great weekend!

XOXOXOX

Good morning all! difficult child just got up (of course -- I just got here!) and I hear easy child stirring. It's been raining quite a bit. Perfect day to badger children into cleaning the house, no? Hope everyone has a good day!

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning all,

Sharon, the napping sounds perfect for you today. Health club will be there tomorrow. (Though I now how much you love to go there.)

Marg, how insane ~ lighting fires in the dry season! Keeping positive thoughts that you & yours will remain safe.

TM, not a bad idea to cut back on things when you can. Take this time for you.

Sharon (ldm), have fun cleaning ~ okay, that was mean. I don't like cleaning - love the end result though.

Andy, cleaning & chocolate bars ~ I might buy a few for finishing my chores. Hmmmmmm

Janna, hope your day calms down.

RFS, have fun with the kiddos on a rainy day.

kt is at respite; I'm off to visit with wm in a couple of hours. After than I may be meeting a friend I worked at MPR with several years ago. She & I have remained in & out of touch depending on each other's circumstances.

I finished my latest painting & have started a sketch for my next. I'm leaning toward a blue heron. The sketch is looking beautiful ~ though I've a sketch of a warbler done & ready to be transferred to watercolor paper.

Have a good Saturday.