Good Thursday Morning

Wiped Out

Staff member
:good_morning:

It's Thursday which means we're almost to Friday! Our beach party yesterday was a lot of fun and lots of learning went on as well!

I pulled a real graceful move at work yesterday. I was walking in the office and my ankle seemed to just give out and I fell. It only hurt a bit at first and I barely noticed it. Now my foot is killing me! It isn't swollen or bruised but when I put pressure on it-ouch!

Another long day ahead. After work difficult child has his in home person coming and then wrestling practice. The good news of the day-we are suppose to hit 50 degrees:musicdance:

husband still isn't feeling well but is going to have to go back to work today as he has no sick days left.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day, may you find many reasons to smile.:flower:

Rabbit

Good Morning All ! A day of cleaning the apartment and driving the difficult children around town ahead for me.

Sharon-Hope your ankle feels better soon

Hugs Rabbit

LittleDudesMom

:alien: Good Thursday Morning!!

Sharon, sorry about your ankle. Hope you didn't sprain it or anything. Enjoy the warmth - it's coming our way too!

Both school districts my kids go to have decided to open today, both 2 hours late. Our snow storm was unexpected but wonderful! Five straight days off of school for the kids! We are all getting back to our schedule today! easy child and I will be going to the gym for some cardio in about 45 minutes. We haven't been to the gym since Sunday.

Today the temps will rise to the 50's and by Saturday we are supposed to be in the 70's! What a difference a week makes!

Enjoy the day :beautiful-female:

Sharon

Marguerite

G'day.

Sorry to hear about the ankle, Sharon/WO. It does sound like a strain, though.
I hope husband feels better soon.

Rabbit, spring cleaning already? Go fot it!

Sharon/LDM, I'm glad you got to enjoy some snow at last. If you've been working out in the snow, did you really need the gym?

We had a day at home today. I was cooking, difficult child 3 worked fairly well and then after school got in a game of tennis with his friend. He's been working on the computer with husband this evening, getting really good at sorting out IT problems. Scary stuff. More progress needed to finish the problem, but a lot of ground covered. difficult child 3 stuck at it for hours, at a time when medications have usually worn off. Impressive.

Tomorrow difficult child 3 has another therapist appointment, plus we have a few more errands to run.

The weather is lovely, but beginning to cool off in the mornings and evenings. Early autumn weather. Haven't been for a swim since Sunday, but friends we saw at the shops today said the water is really enjoyable. Not sure when we'll get the chance, there's just too much to do.

Enjoy your Friday, everyone.

Marg

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good morning all.
Wiped out, ouch about the ankle! Ice it up then heat. Hope you get to prop it up soon.

Rabbitt, I have a lot of cleaning you are welcome to any time your done.

LDM, sounds like a fun way to enjoy snow days.

Marguerite, cooking and staying close to home sounds like a great way to spend a day. I'm sure you are looking forward to the cooling off in small increments as you head towards autumn and winter. Great to hear difficult child played tennis.

My difficult child has started with a new dr. husband and I like him so far. We are going to switch medications around. He has been on the same stuff for years. First off he is d/c'ing the geodon. We will see how that goes.
He has been approved for services but we are still waiting for the job coach to call.

I am down at the beach trying to get all the rebuilding organized. The roof went on yesterday. Hopefully the water is on now and I can start to wash linens if the washing machine still works. Then comes throwing out furniture and scrubbing mold off on what's left including my beautiful new white kitchen cabinets(2 yrs old).

It's been a long night, my sweet Honey sue has had me up 3 different times with needing to be outside or being sick to her stomach. :badmood:I'm hoping it's something she put in her mouth while walking the beach and not the cancer. She seems ok other than the night part. Yawn...

Have a good day everyone.

Andy

GOOD MORNING
:D:D:D
Wiped Out - Congrats on a successful beach party. I hope that ankle feels better soon. Send some of that weather my way.

Rabbit - I hope you get lots of cleaning done and have good traffic for errands.

Little Dude's Mom - Is everyone ready to return to normal schedule? Hope you all had a nice "vacation".

Marg - Sounds like difficult child 3 really is doing well these days. Hope you can catch some more swims before your winter hits. We are trying our hardest to pull Summer this way.

This week's activities are starting to show on difficult child and myself. He is so tired. Today is movie and crazy hair/p.j. day at school so hopefully it will be slower.

Yesterday difficult child picked up his new bowling ball and bag. He bowled three games and has a coupon for three more free games. Staff at the bowling lanes are awesome! I have a feeling that we are going to be living there for awhile - which is a good thing so that I can get my money back out of the ball. However, $135 isn't too bad for the equipment of a hobby.

The scavenger hunt yesterday was fun. It is a good thing I had written down the path of each team because two teams took the "grapes" clue when they were looking for "bread". "Why did you take the egg from the basket next to grapes when you needed bread?" "Because bread is usually found in the kitchen." They didn't watch for the details. The bread was in a class room in the play kitchen items. The other challenging item was near a "door". Know how many doors are in the church and school?

My friend asked that I entertain the kids with jokes while she finished setting out the baskets. I told the kids that I don't know jokes but I am good at rules so we would go over those! Before I let them loose for their first egg - I told them "This is not a race. Remember, when you are finished, you will be going back to normal school schedule." 4 of the 5 teams walked slowly (respectfully) from basket to basket. One of the teams was quicker but not too fast (they could walk quickly without running). It took an hour (though it seemed longer).

Today I have performance review at work. I never know what to expect. The supervisor doing mine today has not done one with me before. Last year someone else did them for him since he was new. He said yesterday that I better have my yearly trainings done. When I shook my head and said that I did not, he replied, "Then I will have to yell at you and we will set a due date." LOL. I think the review will go o.k.

Everyone have a great day today! Find a way to make your kids laugh.

Andy

Fran - You snuck in on me. Sounds like you will have a long day with hard work to do. I hope you can find a time for a nap.

Good Morning Everyone:coffee:,

Sharon (WO), Hope your ankle feels better soon!!!

Rabbit, Hope you get a bit of time for yourself...:bath:...

Marg, Time flies... I can't believe summer is almost over for you... I love early autumn weather here:autumn: HOWEVER - I'M READY FOR SUMMER:beach:!!! I wish I could skip Spring - It's been way too cold this year!!!:frozen:

Fran, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that everything continues to go well with difficult child's new doctor... You've got a tough day ahead of you - in my humble opinion, building under the best of circumstances is no fun - I can't even imagine what you're going through with rebuilding. I'm thinking of you and hoping things go as smoothly as possible... So sorry about Honey Sue - I'm keeping her in my thoughts and sending lots of hugs, love and good vibes that she is ok.

Andy, I hope your review goes well!!! Hope you and difficult child get to catch up on some much needed rest:sleeping:...

Today is another BUSY one for me. Since husband had his heart attack, it seems like I just can't get any time for myself. I try to squeeze a bit of "me" time in but something or someone always seems to need my attention. Hopefully, I'll manage to get a bit of time to myself this weekend.

As always, I hope everyone has a good day, or at least one reason to laugh or smile... WFEN

Sharon (LDM), I didn't mean to skip you!!! I'm happy you finally got SNOW and were able to enjoy it!!!:blizzard::snowing::sled: If I could, I would gladly send you the SNOW we still have here... Hope you have a good day and I'm glad you're heading to the gym. WFEN