Good Tuesday Morning!

LittleDudesMom

Good Morning All!

It's a chilly and wet morning here in the southeast - just "warm" enough to keep liquid falling rain.....

Yesterday I spent 5.5 hours at easy child's condo helping her turn one of her rooms into a study/office. She had been using the space as storage and overflow. But we got everything looking great!

And, are you sitting down? difficult child had a friend for sleepover Friday night!!!!! He started hanging with a young man last year and then he moved with his dad to Texas for work (that is where they are from and where his two older siblings still live - his mother passe away a couple years ago). They kept in touch via xBox Live and he moved back right before the holidays. Come to find, he is going to the same high and is in two of difficult child's classes! He came home with difficult child on Friday and around 6 difficult child came to me and asked if he could sleepover. He's never asked before! I took T to his house to get some clothes and his "stuff" then stopped by and they boys picked up a pizza.

With two spare bedrooms upstairs, they made the choice to sleep downstairs by the TV and the 360 so I loaded them up with pillows and blankets!

It was a great thing for me, as the mom of a difficult child who never thought he would do something so "pcish". The times they are a'changin!!

Today is office all day because plans are to redo all my files for the new year - yes, I'm a tad late - as well as print out all W-2's and 1099's so that is done to include in next weeks' paychecks. After work it's pick up difficult child, drop him at the house, hit Lowe's and then the grocer! A full day but I just had three days off!!!!

Hope your day is a good one.

Sharon

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Sharon-I'm smiling ear to ear about difficult child having a friend sleep over:thumbsup: How nice that you were able to help easy child with her condo!

Long day ahead! Back to work and then after work straight to book club. We're going to watch the movie that goes with the book which is something we don't usually do. The book was very long and most people didn't finish-in fact I think only two of us did so we thought we'd watch the movie and then discuss. It was a great book!

Wishing everyone a happy day!

tiredmommy

Good morning. :coffee:

Sharon (LDM)- Too cool about the sleepover! I'm sure easy child appreciates all your help with her new office.

Sharon (WO)- Pace yourself! I hope you enjoys the book/movie club tonight, finishing a long book over the holidays is next to impossible, in my humble opinion.

Well, I'm still trying to clean up the house after Duckie's big party on Saturday. Thankfully, everything went well but the house is a mess! And... Duckie was such a pita yesterday that she is now grounded (in general) and from all electronics until I see fit to lift the grounding. So, she'll have another mean mommy story: I was grounded over my 10th birthday. :rofl: It's really a joke with all the activities she has going on: nothing tonight but school play rehearsal & swim on Wednesday, school orchestra concert on Thursday (her actual birthday), girl scouts on Friday. LOL!

Have a great day! :salute:

Marguerite

G'day, people. Sounds like a lot of you have been partying on!

Sharon/LDM, the sleepover with friend for difficult child sounds like great social progress.

Sharon/WO, adapting the book club to a movie night sounds like a good idea, under the circumstances. Take some popcorn!

TM, sounds like Duckie is doing a lot at the moment. Could it be a connection?

We had a busy day shopping with mother in law. Checked out mobility scooters (they're coming out tomorrow so I can see how they go on our hills). Bought a car fridge - we'll put it to use on our trip to Canberra, but we also used it today to bring home the perishables. The long drive in summer is not good for our food.

We had difficult child 1 & daughter in law to dinner tonight (down at mother in law's as usual) which was lovely. So we're tired after a full day.

Enjoy your Tuesday, everyone.

Marg