half way house info request

Chele

I have been reading about halfway houses or sober houses and wanted to ask a few questions. I live in Knoxville TN, and have never heard or found one here. I spoke to our rehab counseler, PO, Doctors, AA and NA people and can't find any information about them.

Currently our son is in jail. We have court tomorrow so we will know more of our future then.

If you know of any organizations in the Eastern US that run sober houses or whatever they are called for a 17-18 year old, please share. Actually I don't know if I am allowed to ask of this. Maybe a website or something.

Thanks for you help,

Chele

I wanted to say on the board (in case anyone else was following) is that there are 1/2 way and sober houses pretty much everywhere. They may be more prevalent in some places than in others. That is something that most jails, hospitals, and rehabs should have a list of. The internet should also point you in the right direction.

What I wanted to emphasize is that these houses are voluntary. You cannot force anyone to go there, and they cannot be forced to stay. Likewise, if rules are broken, they can be forced to leave.

The very best of luck to you and your son!

KFld

Do you have info line in your area. I know in CT if you dial, I believe it's 811 or 711, on your phone, it brings you to info line. They know everything.

You can also speak to someone at the prison and see if they can help. They must have a list of them if there are any in your area.

I am in CT and I know they are all over the place here. My son just lived in a soberhouse for a year and it was a good one. Just like everything else, there are probably many that aren't.

Who can you contact at the jail that would know about a halfway house or sober house? Here I am again jumping the gun. Sometimes I just feel desparate and panicky. Typical of me. Not knowing drives me crazy - I need a plan. :crazy:

KFld

It's o.k. to feel desperate and panicky. That is what our difficult child's do to us. been there done that. don't apologize for it.

I agree you should contact the jail and see if they have any information for you.

susiestar

Roll With It
While I do not have any info on this, I wanted to send a hug. I TOTALLY understand going crazy with-o info and a plan!

I hope you find one that is a good fit and provides what your child needs!

Chele, you can ASK most anything of us!! Sometimes we can give more specific replies by PM, but please feel free to ask, anytime!!!

Hugs,

Susie