Have any other districts been subjected to online threats?

tiredmommy

Our school district has been subject to vague and unsubstantiated threats of violence for tomorrow. School will be in session but there will be an increased police presence. How would you, as a parent, react to this? How would it affect your difficult child? I've decided against sending Duckie because I think the police will be a major distraction, there won't be a good learning environment and it will be very upsetting for her (even though I don't think anything will actually happen). What are your thoughts?

lmf64

Our superintendent put out a letter last night about possible threats to our district, but said the threats were not considered to be of any danger.
We didn't have school today because of the blizzard, and difficult child hasn't been in school all week because he came down with pneumonia (without even having a cold symptom) so he will be going tomorrow (unless they call it again so far all the surrounding districts have a 2 hour late start tomorrow, but as of yet nothing for our district.)
My first grade nephew is a bit on edge since last Friday. He hasn't heard about the shootings at home, but their school is a K-12 building so he heard bits and pieces at school. I watched him last Saturday and it was so nice to be able to give him a squeeze when I needed the reassurance that it'll all be okay.

we had one earlier in the week which spread like wildfire on my kids fb....i'm fortunate that i have neighbors with connections so we knew that evening that the police had already investigated and it was bogus.

but i had seriously considered keeping her home...better safe than sorry. i dont think anyone would fault you for doing the same.

tammybackagain

had call other night from Superintendent, we had girl tell another she was going to shoot up highschool, Dad of second girl heard called police she's been arrested. told they police yes I said it these are the High School kids I wanna kill. Not really worried about difficult child Since CT his school makes everyone show ID now. Even if they know you. Hubby just got back from Dropping difficult child off, said police are stationed at schools and that half the parents didn't send kids to school today.

pasajes4

There have been threats in almost every school district here in SA. The police arrested 2 kids involved in one of them. The high school down the street will not count students absent if they don't come today. They had a bomb threat and a threat of a shooting today. My grandkids are not going to school today. Today is a half day city wide.

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
I just heard on the news that the local school the boys went to has been closed due to threats of violence today. Would bet a dollar to donuts it was some kid that called it in. I think we are going to hear about these for a while :(

Marcie

BusynMember

TM, when Julie (my pastry chef) was in high school there were MANY threats (phone call threats) right after Colombine. My daughter would call me hysterical and beg me to pick her up. She was terrified, but they wouldn't let me in. It was awful. It was a huge problem.

busywend

I think it was nation wide today for the 'end of the world' weirdness.....I would have kept mine home if she was school aged. One just never knows.