Have you ever just hit the wall at 90 mph?

nvts

I swear I am so sick and tired of people knowing the wrong thing to say.

I'm going through this with difficult child 1 being in the hospital - as many of you know this is the 2nd time in 2 mos. - and EVERYONE knows better than you.

1. you need to let him know that you're not going to see him everyday
2. you can't bring him stuff -
3. I can't call because he hit you
4. I'm not sure where I stand with him
5. you need to show him who's boss
6. what do you mean you're not going camping while he's in the hospital
7. you have to make sure you don't neglect the other kids
8. I'm not visiting him every day - and you shouldn't either (ala "AH" aka husband)
9. I'm here for you - "I have to check him into the new hospital. can you watch Evie while I get a quick shower?" - no return call (not even to retrieve her cell phone - this is lil'sis that I'm talking about!) the best is: I can see her car in my dad's driveway
10. Are you coming to the reunion that you've never been invited to before?

I'm just so sick and tired of all the "We're here for you" remarks and then everyone disappears. It happened when I separated, when difficult child 1 went into the hospital the 1st time and this time again.

So much for the pity party. I'm done.

So how 'bout those Yankees?;)

Beth

susiestar

Roll With It
I am sorry they all act that way. I got a lot of it when Wiz was in the psychiatric hospital. Of course I got it when I was in the hospital with surgery, when Jess was in the hospital, etc.... My family isn't interested in me unless there is a crisis and then they NEED me to take care of their stuff/appts/crud and how dare I be busy with one of us in the hospital.

I feel your fury.

Not sure about the Yankees, but I have a season of CSI on DVD if you want to share?

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Hm...I'm seeing a continutation of the "smack husband line" here....

I know, most of the time, people say that stuff in good faith...they are just trying to be helpful or truly think (at the moment they say it) that they can or will do something to help, but ya know, sometimes me knowing thhey might not mean the asinine things they say really doesn't matter - they're still saying asinine things...

I'm sorry.

M

ML

I really would watch her too. It's disheartening to realize that at times we truly are all alone in this. Know that you have our collective support always, even when it can't be of a practical, helpful nature, we get it, we care and we love you. Hang in there.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
GRRRR. I hate this too. People go over and over things that they really have no clue about, and have no intention of following through on. Without my local support network (W, E&H, Mom & Dad) - I'd probably lose it.

HUGS! been there done that Beth - they do NOT get it. I'd watch her!

klmno

((HUGS)) It's too bad how people can't see that this is when you need to know who and what you can depend on the most- not when you need lip service.

J

justtotallyspent

((HUGS))((Pat On The Back)) It is most frustrating when people say one thing and do another.... like saying whenever you need a hand just call and everytime you do they're busy (ok come no one should be that busy or they shoudln't have offered) but it happens (all the time to me). Some people say it because they dont want to hurt your feelings by saying no, some people have to yes even tho they know there is no way they can..... but whatever the reason it's annoying. Just hold your head, your strong and you can make it through.... we are all here for ya!

KTMom91

Many hugs, Beth. I understand. It's too bad we can't teleport on the Warrior Mom System to help each other out.