Having a, um....tailbone issue

mstang67chic

Going Green
So.....husband and I bought new bicycles a few weeks back to try to get in shape/lose weight. A week and a half ago, I got mine out for the first time (too much stupid rain around here), grabbed the two neighbor girls and rode around the corner to the gas station to get a couple of snack/drinks.

Apparently....I need to lose weight BEFORE I ride the stupid bike. I couldn't get my fat leg up high enough to get off of the *(&^%$ thing and fell straight down on my....erm.....tailbone.

On cement.

Fast forward to now. It STILL hurts. But the weird thing.....it's only when I move a certain way or use certain muscles. Muscles like, for example, the ones you use to "hold it" when you have to go to the bathroom.

WTH?????

Anyone know how long I should expect to experience this level of fun? I'm really getting tired of my....tailbone....hurting.

keista

OUCH! Sorry.

Last time I had a tailbone bruise, I was still very young - late teens I think. It seemed to take FOREVER to heal. It is possible that you fractured it (nothing a hospital could really do anyway) and fractures usually take six weeks for all traces of pain to subside.

Sorry I can't give you anything more positive than that.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Check a local drug store for the padded doughnut thing to sit on. It helps.

Healing will depend on if it is bruised (which how you describe the pain makes it sound) or if it's broken (which will take longer).

But trust me. The doughnut helps a LOT.

OUCH

Hugs

susiestar

Roll With It
Get a donut pillow to sit on. Drugstores should have them.

It will take time to heal, but you may need to have it checked because if it is broken and doesn't heal properly it can cause spinal problems and nerve problems.

I am sorry you are hurt. I will send hugs but just cannot offer to kiss it better for ya. Just kidding.

((((((((((hugs))))))))))

susiestar

Roll With It
Oh, consider trading it in for an incline bike. That is more like sitting and is vastly easier on knees and hips.

Have you considered training wheels?

(don't hit me, the imp in me made me ask!)

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Stang... I have bad news.

I fractured my tailbone about 19 years ago on the bathtub spigot.

Every so often it would hurt again - usually while bike riding. I got a fancy gel seat. That worked pretty well.

But... About a year ago it started bugging me again. And when you have to poo... And it's hurting... Sigh.

I would agree about having it checked out, too.

KTMom91

Given some time, I'm sure I could think of something funny to say, but out of respect for your injury, I won't. Sending healing hugs.

DDD

Sorry you're hurting. My Mom injured her tailbone and literally carried her donut with her for months.
She even took it to the Orange Bowl for a big UM Hurricane game. We could identify her from the other side of the stadium because her donut was bright orange (a "Cane" color) lol. DDD

trinityroyal

'Stang, I'm sorry that you're so sore -- that's just a miserable place to have pain.

When husband and I bought bicycles several years ago, we spent quite a bit of time looking at "saddles" as they call the seats at the bike shop. You would be surprised at how many different kinds are available. At the time husband had a substantial amount of weight to lose, and he's not a small man even at fighting trim. We found something called a "comfort seat" for him.

This link shows some of the options available. The No Pressure Seat might be a possibility. I have no idea where you would find such things in your neck of the woods.

Feel better soon.

Trinity

Star*

call 911........call 911
OH LORD..............

this makes me a kiss ass.....

Sends HUGS.

Sorry you not feeling so good.......not sure what you can do. Maybe get a doughnut - the kind you sit on and the kind you eat -NO you're trying to loose weight - just get the kind you sit on.

mstang67chic

Going Green
I KNEW I should have said something when I posted about Star being nice. I knew it! LOL :slap:

Thanks all. It's not actually that bad when I'm sitting. AT least not at work anyway. Actually as far as sitting goes, it generally only hurts on the way down and the way up. At home is a different story but I'm not sitting fairly straight in my desk chair.

On a side note, I bought myself a pair of cute wedge sandals last week. husband said to be careful while wearing them. He wouldn't want me to "fall off of them and hurt my butt again".

You can imagine that I had a particular couple of words .....of endearment of course.....for him.

Star*

call 911........call 911
I AM nice.......I think you have bruised your cocxyx. That takes time to heal. I'm not sure if I spelled it right - but I didn't even go THERE with a joke.