he has a friend!!!

Discussion in 'General Parenting' started by crazymama30, Jan 20, 2008.

1. crazymama30

crazymama30 Active Member

difficult child finally has a friend. He comes over to play all the time, and is staying the night tonight. They have been playing video games all night. difficult child gets pretty loud, but his buddy seems to handle him well. I go remind difficult child to be quiet, he might be giving his friend a headache. difficult child says, I'm not at the same time friend says yes you are. lol.

difficult child is usually very private about his ADHD. ( I have not fully explained the mood disorder to him) He told his friend he has ADHD and wears a patch and takes pills. Friend seems to not even think about it, and I hope this does not blow up and burn difficult child.

I am just so happy he has a friend. I have seen him cry too many times when easy child gets to go to friends' houses and he has no one.
  2. meowbunny

meowbunny New Member

That is so wonderful! His friend sounds like he truly likes him and is accepting of his differences. :bigsmile:
  3. witzend

witzend Well-Known Member

That's wonderful news! Everyone needs a friend!
  4. daralex

daralex Clinging onto my sanity

You have to cherish those happy moments - so glad to hear he has a buddy!!!
  5. mattsmum

mattsmum New Member

That is wonderful! I am hoping for a male friend for my difficult child too. His best friend is our neighbor, who is a girl....no boys his age in the neighborhood.
  6. Star*

Star* call 911........call 911

That is great news - I'm happy for him. I know how it feels to watch your son want to have a friend so badly. Here's to a long and happy friendship!
  7. whateveryousay2007

whateveryousay2007 New Member

It's wonderful when you finally see this happen.
  8. PersonalEnigma

PersonalEnigma New Member

That's great! I wish difficult child would get a "real" friend. He did have one for a bit there, but it wasn't a good match... I think he was more of a last-ditch resort when no-one else would play with her. Her family had some pretty big issues too from what I gather, so letting difficult child go over to play wasn't a great option.
  9. Calista

Calista New Member

Can you clone his friend and send the copy to Texas for my difficult child?
  10. tammyjh

tammyjh New Member

Yay!!! Thats HUGE!!
    My difficult child has just met a new friend too and the other girls mom and I are hoping to get the girls together soon. Its kind of difficult where they live a little distance from us (about 30 miles) but its worth it if the girls really get along well.
    Hope your son continues to have a wonderful time with his new friend!!!!
  11. Wiped Out

Wiped Out Well-Known Member Staff Member

Very cool that he has a friend-it means so much to our kids!