Hi - I am new

P

PatriotsGirl

Let me introduce myself - my name is Michelle and I am a happily married mother of two children.
The problem child is my 16 year old daughter. She has always been "that" kid. You know, the one always in trouble? Started in daycare and has been progressively worse. Now, she has been expelled from school for trying to sell Adderall. She is in the court system for this as well. She is on supervised probation. Has already flunked the first random drug test given and has not done one lick of community service that she is supposed to complete. She is completely disrepectful to every one. We have tried to get help from all areas, she has been on medication (that she refuses to take), she was commited for a couple of weeks in a facility and nothing has helped. It is SO sad to feel like I cannot stand my own daughter, but that is exactly how I feel. I feel like a monster for disliking my child so much. She makes everyone in the home completely miserable. It is always all about her and if she isn't happy (and she NEVER is) then by golly, no one will be happy. She will be 17 very soon. I am counting down until she is 18 so I can serve her walking papers. Unfortunately, I have taken all I can take and I just want her out of my home now. Please tell me I am not alone....

KTMom91

You aren't alone. Went through similar things not all that long ago, and there are still days when Miss KT is not my favorite person. Is there a family member willing to take her to give you a break? My daughter told my mom I'd thrown her out (I hadn't) and lived with her for about 9 months. It was a wake up call for her that the grass is not always greener. She's been back home now almost two years.

Sending hugs and lots of strength. I do understand.Welcome to the board.

P

PatriotsGirl

We did end up sending her to live with my mother for a few months for a break for all back in January. She was sleeping her life away up there. Did nothing but sleep, wake, eat and go back to sleep. I thought things would be different when she asked if she could come back home but they have been worse. Much worse. We live in Georgia and all our family is in Massachusetts, so unfortunately, it's not that easy. She wishes she could go back because my mother didn't have any rules. I wish she could go back because that was the most peaceful three months I have had in 17 years... :(

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
You are SO not alone.

If my older difficult child had not been heading to boot camp, I'd have turned him into the police myself...

Wiped Out

Staff member
Welcome! You are definitely not alone! There are many time I don't like my difficult child (right now is one of them). Love him yes, like him not always! Has she ever been tested by a nueropsychologist? I'm sorry nothing has seemed to help-I can relate to that as well! Glad you found us but sorry you had to-you will find much support here. Hugs.