How did it all go so wrong...again

lovelyboy

Hi Buddy, sorry to hear about all this!This is so stresfull!
Luckily my son can just keep it together with friends and family.....just the constant burping!!!!!
in my opinion reading your post for my son it would have been a huge trigger that the other kids already got their presents! he would think the rules have been broken! Also, even if he enjoyed the kookie activity, the sensory stimulation could have been to much....loud talking, smells heat...? Strangly enough the whole fight regarding the pie would be the least of the things that would confuse me....because I'm almost sure he misinterpreted the situation in some way....maybe if you later discuss it again, you could investigate where his thoughts and interpretation went wrong.....
Regarding getting upset waiting in the car....well in my case this would have been expected.... after such a big fight my sons anxiety would have been sky high.....the waiting would have pushed him over the edge and the ****thank you feeling of making a fool of himself.....Regarding the swearing....my son does exactly the same when he doesnt know how to handle a situation or when disappointed! Agh this drives us mad!Maybe you can discuss different ways of showing or handling feelings, different words? or even a signal he can give you when he feels overwhelmed? but I know the poor impuls control is going to be a problem here?
Maybe beforegoing to people....ask him to pack himself some things that will help keep his engin in the green, maybe crisps, favorite toy, scate board, drinks, calming sweets, psp, mp3 player with favourite music....also maybe going for a walk during the day with him to give him sensory brake? The nice thing about this is that it gives you an indication how he is doing....when he starts digging into his packed things you can know he is becoming stressed......maybe also some chewing gum? Nice dvd to watch with his family?
Strenghts!