How do you use fresh Rosemary?

DDD

difficult child#2 was hired by husband to clean up weeds. Oops. Now I have a mess of herbs to use up pronto. LOL I've only used fresh rosemary as a bed for lamb and chicken in the past. Other ideas? DDD

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Crush it and rub it on pork or chicken...

Chop fine and use on fish with a little olive oil...

Dry it!

Use it with olive oil, garlic, thyme, & a tiny bit of parsley & sage to make herb bread...

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
You could flavor some white wine vinegars or olive oil.

You can freeze it fresh, in small single use packets. Or dry it first, then strip it from the stems and store in freezer.

I use it on chicken, roasts, stews. It's very flavorful and only takes a small amount.

You can use it with Lemon verbena to make small sachets also. Lots of things to do with it!

donna723

I "borrowed" this from the Pioneer Woman's recipes. Get several small new potatoes, the red ones. Coat them in olive oil and bake them in a shallow pan till they're soft. When they're soft, use the bottom of a glass to mash them out flat. Drizzle with a little more olive oil, a bit of salt if you want it, and some rosemary - fresh or dried. Bake them a little bit longer till they start to brown and the edges get crispy. These are REALLY good! I've only made them with the dried rosemary but they would probably be even better with the fresh.

trinityroyal

Take pepper squash, beets, carrots and other root vegetables. Dice in large cubes. Spray lightly with olive oil.
Chop and sprinkle sprigs of rosemary, and whatever other herbs you like. Bake at 350F until they just brown on the edges.

DDD

I'm not sure which suggestion I'm going to follow but I sure am going to use one of them tomorrow. Thanks so much for your creativity. DDD

Mattsmom277

If you have more than is reasonable to use in cooking meals, how about potpourri? Dry the rosemary and at the same time dry some orange peels. Once the rosemary is dried, gently crush it and put it into sachets or jars along with the broken up dried orange peels and add in a bunch of whole cloves. Great in small dishes around the house or in sachets inside drawers. Great gifts too, they can be packaged so pretty. For gifts you can go to a dollar store and in the craft section they have bags of pretty pieces of bark and other woods/twigs. You can add them in with the scented things to make them more attractive in little mesh bags tied with ribbon.