How long is too long?

DammitJanet

Mine were a tad bit older when this became a real issue because even though we lived in the same area they simply couldnt do a whole lot about it.

We live about a third of a mile from the school, maybe a half a mile tops. The furthest we have ever lived on this street is when Cory was in 1st grade and then we lived 2 miles down the same road we are on now. Obviously we are a stay put type of family...lol. At the 2 miles away they were in the middle of the pick up basically...well...pick up pretty late in the run after the drivers picked up the buses and swung a left to go get the kids out that way and made the loop before coming up our street but the going home it was down my street to let my kids off first and then the run in reverse.

When Jamie got a bit older, in Middle school and HS, they ran the routes in the same order, always taking picking him up later but that meant he had to ride the bus to the end of the ride. He hated it. So what he did was get off the bus when she first started to make her turn and at the very first chance he got, he had her stop at the corner and make that his stop in the afternoons. No it wasnt even close to our house but he could cut down the road and between the woods and get to our house....lol. It took him about oh ten minutes if he walked and 5 minutes if he ran.