I am nine

Malika

My son suddenly said to me this morning, "Mummy how old are you?"
"I am old!" I said.
He considered for a moment. "Are you NINE?"

klmno

How cute!

I remember my son coming home from elementary school one day saying they had been learning about 'the old days' in this country. Then he asked, "Mom, did they have electricity and running water when you were a little girl?" LOL!

I think I prefer your son's question!

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
...I wish my kids would do this... They don't believe us when we talk about NOT having video games, cell phones... Or even Caller ID... And I'm NOT that old!!!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
:rofl:

I love little kids, I swear!

Both Darrin and Aubrey have asked me how old I am. Both have been stunned at the age I gave them. Darrin came back with "Wow! I thought Mommy was old and she's 27!" lol Then, of course I had to explain that I'm her Mom, so it makes sense I'm that much older than her. lol

I didn't get that response with Aubrey I think because her other set of grandparents have at least 10 yrs on me.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
BFF's youngest announced the other day that I'm 52.

Young man got one heck of a dirty look... And a much worse one when he then said husband was 24...

InsaneCdn

Hmmm... maybe a "wee" bit of a difficult child? (just kidding)... but... really, if he'd turned the ages the other way and had you at 24 and husband at 52... it doesn't sound so bad, right?
He'll learn. Some day.
A woman is 29 until she has 20 more b'days after that, at which point she is 39. My really old aunt used to say... you stay 39 until you get to 90, at which point age is a badge of honor!

Malika

BFF's youngest announced the other day that I'm 52.

Young man got one heck of a dirty look... And a much worse one when he then said husband was 24...

No need to be embarrassed about your toy boy, Step. You are in very good Hollywood company.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
:rofl:

Yeah - when husband shaves off the goatee and mustache, he looks MUCH younger! Only the crows'-feet round our eyes give it away... I certainly don't look 39. I'm happy though - my mom does not look 64, either.

LOL! Maybe they're going by how we act.....and maybe your husband is immature for his age...My youngest came home after his first day of first grade and I asked him about his teacher. He said she is "old like grandmom "(meaning my mom). Imagine my surprise on back-to-school night, she was a 24-year-old, right out college with her first teaching job.

donna723

The thing that gets me, when I was a little kid I considered my grandparents to be ancient when they were only in their mid-fifties! They were OLD people! And I am older now than they were then! But in all honesty, they were old people! They considered themselves to old people at 50+, they dressed like old people and they acted like old people! People are a lot "younger" at that age now, thank goodness. And when I was in school, the teachers we all considered to be old relics, were mostly in their thirties and forties at the time! And now that I'm in my sixties, I consider "old people" to be in their late seventies and eighties! I guess it's all in how you look at it. Perspective is everything!

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Exactly... I used to think, FORTY, OMG, and I wanted to have a baby before I turned 30 because I didn't want to be too old when they graduated.

Well... I'm 39. And I still want that baby... 58 doesn't sound very old to me.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Perspective IS everything.

My grandma........seriously? I never thought of her as being old. Not once. Her friends were "old", every one of them, but not her. She was ageless. It really stunned me that she died at 72. But I didn't think of that as being old, even though I was 16 at the time. It was weird because I knew friends ect of hers that acted / dress / attitude of old at like 60. But she remained ageless to me.

My "Dad" (not bio, step dad who raised me) was 21 yrs older than my mom. He was in his 50's when they met......I was 2. He also was ageless. He never ever acted "old". He was one of the most active people I've ever known, aside from grandma. He had a heart attack (his 3rd I believe) coming back in one morning after working his acre garden plot.......he was 72 or 73 at the time, maybe a bit older.

husband at 40 acted older than both my grandma and dad did when they passed. This was pretty hard on me as I just couldn't adjust to it. And so I gave him flack about it, alot. lol By 60 husband was acting like he was ancient. Drove me nuts. I was like, seriously?, your mom is in her mid 90's and acts younger than YOU! ugh

But..........I know folks in town my age that act like their "old" too. Me? Not so much. I don't feel "old". Heck, I don't feel any different than I did at 18. (my body, however, doesn't always agree with this)

shellyd67

That is so cute Malika ! It reminds of a little craft type thing difficult child brought home in Kindergarten.

It went something like this:

My Mom's name is :

She has brown hair and blue eyes ( I have red hair and green eyes)

She is 19 years old and weigh 10 lbs ... So darn funny ! I was about 38 years old at the time and weighed WAY more than 10 lbs. LOL

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Err, Lisa... I know YOUR kids are older than MY kids... But... I never considered you any older than I am... Not even when I try. My brain just won't wrap around it...

buddy

Speaking of numbers ... Q asks how much I weigh all the time. I tell him that is not nice to ask a lady ...He asks why.....do you think I'll tell everyone ....or do you KNOW I'll tell everyone?

svengandhi

That is so cute. I remember walking to kindergarten with the older kids and wondering if I would ever be old enough to cross the street alone!

I once asked my mom if she had a pet dinosaur when she was little. She laughed and said no but your grandma did!

When my oldest son (now 21) was 3 or 4, he asked me what my favorite video was when I was his age. I said I didn't have one and began to try to explain that there were no videos when I was his age but he interrupted me, came over and put his ams around me and said "Oh, mommy, I'm so sorry you were so poor!" I actually did grow up very poor but that wasn't why I didn't have any videos!