I called HI

klmno

I called the security officer. He said that they had already made their decision and forwarded it to HR days ago but he was not allowed to discuss it with me because it was turned over to HR, so I would have to either wait for them or call them.

So, I called my HR contact. She said that her super has been gone on vacation for 10 days and won't be back until tomorrow. (You think she could have mentioned that to me last week?) Anyway, she said the answer was probably in the super's email, which she would have to catch up on after coming off vacation but she would try to give me some feedback tomorrow. She said no one else there is allowed to go into that email. I stressed to her that I have people waiting on me here to give some sort of answer so if she could at least let me know tomorrow if my clearance went thru and what to expect, it would be greatly appreciated.

I had a feeling- yesterday I told difficult child to call me Tues night.

DammitJanet

Damn...I dont know whether that sounds good or bad! Maybe its so cold sounding because its the federal govt your dealing with. In a private company someone could say..."it sounds good though!" Or something like that if it was a go...sigh.

klmno

Well the security officer sounded friendly so I thought that was a good sign but it's hard to tell because I don't know him. When I asked if he could tell me anything at all- even if the clearance don't go thru, he said "hold on a min", then came back to the hpone just after a few secs (didn't really seem like he went and asked someone else) but said "no, I'm just not allowed to tell you anything but HR has the answer". So who knows. I have a message from PO but I'm not returning it yet. I think his strategy is to call the last day of the mo so if the parent calls back the next day (the first of the mo), it covers his required monthly contact for both months.

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
K--

Everything had sounded so promising before--but now?

I don't have as good a feeling about this update. Hopefully, I'm wrong and it's just a matter of time before the good news...

--DaisyFace

klmno

Well, I'm going back to look more (again) in this region. I thought maybe it really was just their policy and didn't take it as that neegative of a sign, but maybe you are right and I do need to prepare myself anyway. There were other things going against it, as you all know. I did look on the website where I found this job opening to begin with and it's not listed back on there- maybe they just haven't gotten around to it. Oh- actually, I guess they just go back to their pile of resumes that they got before.

Star*

call 911........call 911
IF it is meant for you? It will be you that is going. If it is NOT? Then it will not be you. Don't waste your time worrying about something that you can not change.

When you get it? We'll celebrate. If you don't? WE WILL BE BEHIND YOU PUSHING YOU TO SOMETHING THAT WAS MEANT FOR YOU AND WILL BE BETTER< GREATER AND MORE FANTASTIC~!

Okay - now......off to find some positive vibes for you.......

and if they didn't pick you - cockroaches ....big hissing ugly ones to send in the mail......:tongue: