I dont know anymore~

Status
Not open for further replies.

trinityroyal

It seems frustration is not helping any of you either - so I will go another avenue.
I hope that you're not feeling "driven away", though. I don't think any of us is trying to chase you off. We care, and we can see from outside the situation that you're stuck in a cycle of pain. We get frustrated because we care.

Sometimes the things that can help us the most are very hard to hear, hard to face, hard to live through. When I come across something like that in my life, that makes me want to run and hide, I realize that it's likely something I need to face full-on and deal with.

I'm sorry if anything I've said has hurt you, either in this post or previous ones. Looking at the whole thread over again, though, I don't think people are blasting or condemning you. They just see and feel your pain, and have ideas of what you can do to help yourself make the hurting stop.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Well gang, I've been around here for a loooong time and have seen this happen more than once...."this" being a sort of polarizing about a member's posts with two factions going on simultaneously...

Mikey, your son is young. 18. You have had a rough year.

Susan's son is 24. She has been dealing with rehabs and arrests and jails for several years now.

Your shock, disbelief, etc is understandable- it was new to you. And a surprise.

This is not new for Susan, nor a surprise.

There's a difference.

Insert cliche..."Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

I guess my feeling is, and always has been, if you are just venting, then tell us so and we will reply that we heard you.

If you are asking for prayers or advice, we will give that, too...........and if you've asked for advice over the same subject over and over and it's been ignored over and over and over again then, yes, frustration will happen and it's understandable.

I've been agreed with.....and vilified.........for saying that if you just want someone to agree with you, go look in the mirror and talk to yourself.

If you want honest answers (and yes, sometimes they might not be phrased as kindly as others) that may- or may NOT- agree with you, then post here.

We are a thorny group but we are honest and we care about each other. If we didn't, we wouldn't get frustrated.

That said, I'm going to lock the thread so we can all step back and take a deep breath.

Suz

-

Status
Not open for further replies.