I had to laugh

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by witzend, Oct 31, 2012.

1. witzend

witzend Well-Known Member

2. Hound dog

Hound dog Nana's are Beautiful

:rofl:

That was too cute.

Maggie does fine going up stairs. But she has no clue how to get down once she gets up.........this is my steep staircase to the bedrooms. I think it scares her a little. So I can't let her upstairs very often. Dragging her down again is less then pleasant for both of us. lol

3. InsaneCdn

InsaneCdn Well-Known Member

Lisa... we put the harness on, and walked down behind them, holding back their weight for them, while they practiced going down. One person at bottom with a treat when they got there. It took a couple of days, and they got their "stair feet". Now, you'd think they were mountain goats.

4. Hound dog

Well, I can try it............but normally I can't get her to move unless I'm in front sort of pulling on the harness.

5. InsaneCdn

InsaneCdn Well-Known Member

Put Travis at the bottom with a treat. Or just toss a treat part way down the stairs.

6. witzend

OK, Lisa, I know that this sounds rude, but put a favorite treat on a progressively lower step and poke her in the butt. ;)

She'll figure it out!

7. Hound dog

LOL witz, now that one might work.

8. ctmom05

ctmom05 Member

I had to chuckle with fondness, Witz. We got a black Pug in 1962 and I've loved them ever since! They have their odd little mannerisms - which give them the ooomph to wiggle their way in your heart <3

9. witzend

Chris - glad to see that you're online! Everything ok with you?

10. ctmom05

ctmom05 Member

We rode out the hurricane pretty well & I'm giving thanks for that. Right now I am awaiting the results of a biopsy ~ a bit nerve-wracking