I hate animals

Andy

Actually, I don't hate animals, I hate having animals.

difficult child went out to the garage to find his hat in the van. Puppy started whining because not only did easy child just leave but difficult child went out a door without her. I yelled for puppy to be quiet and then said that I hated having a dog and that was why I didn't want one.

difficult child's friend H who is over went into the kitchen and when difficult child returned into the house told him quietly what I said. difficult child replied, "Oh she says that all the time. She doesn't like pets. She has a mental problem."

H answers, "I thought dogs were suppose to help people with mental problems."

:rofl: Doesn't seem to be helping whatever mine is! :tongue:

I think I am REALLY happy that easy child is gone (N came to door this time) and the boys took puppy outside. QUIET - PEACE & QUIET!

:whiteflag::whiteflag::whiteflag:

DazedandConfused

We purchased a dog that once we got it (not the dog in the picture) we learned that she had little human socialization and was neglected and maybe even abused. For a week she hid behind our bed. husband picked her up in another state so it wasn't like we could just return her. We have a feeling she hasn't been anywhere very long even though the woman is a reputable breeder.

She isn't potty trained and she's nearly six. Hence my living room smells horrible inspite of everything I do. So, if the professional can't get it out, I suppose we'll have to rip out the carpet (luckily it's 8 years old).

Nevertheless, husband will sometimes comment about how he can't wait until it's just us and the dogs again when the difficult children are gone.

Sometimes I just want to pull my hair out!

She's such a love and has come such a long way in the seven months we have had her. Plus, she's stunning to look at. But, the potty training is so FRUSTRATING with her.

Thing is, husband and I deliberately did not get a puppy because we didn't want to go through with the chewing and potty training! She does both with the vengeance!

My difficult child is a real animal lover. We currenly have 5 cats and a German sheppard/border collie. difficult child constantly wants more dogs. I say no. She does work at Humane Society a few times a week as a volunteer. The dod we have is like a toddler, pretty high demand. Compassion

Andy

Bella is pretty much potty trained. She chews anything and everything which does frustrate me but I can live with it. What is really getting on my nerves lately is the barking. I don't want to do a bark collar - she is so small and I think I would have a hard time putting it on a large dog - but there are moments that if I had one...... But no, it seems so inhumane (see, I don't HATE animals, just a few behaviors).

I didn't think bichons were suppose to be barkers. And like many little dogs, her bark can outdo the largest dog's bark any day. She sounds like a monster sized dog.

So, I just need to figure out how to keep her from barking before the neighbors do something - they are nice neighbors but annoying is annoying and I would hate to have one of their dogs barking as much as ours is.

I also loved listening to the boys' casual conversation. Didn't phase H a bit when difficult child told him I had a mental illness. difficult child was so casual about it, no big deal! Just confused H because, "Dogs are suppose to help people with mental illness." (confused me too. I wonder which mental illness I do have. Not diagnosis but wouldn't surprise me.)

Our dog bRKS A LOT LATELY. I think she neds more exercise/stimulation but I cannot provide that. Change too more visitors and delivery people at door. Compassion

svengandhi

I'm with you. We have 3 dogs and a cat. The cat is the only I touch. I HATE the way dogs feel. We have them because I didn't want my kids to grow up with fear of them like I have. Actually having 3 is good because now none of my kids wants to have a dog when they grow up which means I will visit them. I have told H that when these dogs pass, there will be NO more.

The bichon across the street barks all the time. So does my teacup poodle. I can't figure out why I can't stand to pick her up since she's about the same size as the cat. I think it's the feel of her fur. She's the only one I can tolerate near me. H trained the other 2 to ignore me.

DazedandConfused

I think when I was 12 I thought ALL ADULTS had mental problems. :919Mad:

(Actually, most of the adults in my childhood DID have mental problems:tongue:, but you know what I mean)

Goldie, my sheltie is a yapper. Oh my, is it ever annoying. She got on our neighbors nerves one day and I hear this roar of "SHUUUUUT UUUUP!" from over the fence. Goldie just yapped more ferverently. So, I shouted back, with a chuckle, "Didn't Work!" :tongue:

F

flutterbee

I love my animals. But the last couple of days, they've really been getting on my nerves.

I'm ready to take my tree down because Abbey is in it all the time. Puddles picks a fight with Hydro (who gives Puddles wide berth) and then expects me to save him when Hydro fights back. Baby Kitty is constantly meowing and sticking her claws in me. Everyone wants on my lap all the time. And I don't want to be touched.

Don't even get me started on the dogs barking. They'll take off out of the room barking like someone is breaking in and there is NOTHING going on. Probably a cricket farted outside or something. :faint: Jewel is only 30 pounds but whippet's are hounds so she has that big dog hound bark. Buster doesn't even know what he's barking at half the time. Devon is the only one that can get them to stop.

I think more than anything, I'm tired of being the only one responsible for them. There are 2 better able-bodied people in my house.

goldenguru

Big (100 #) golden retriever and 2 cats for me. I do love them. But, I think when they are gone, I'm done with pets. I'm sick of the hair and picking up poop.

TerryJ2

H answers, "I thought dogs were suppose to help people with mental problems."

OMG, that's precious! ROFL!!!

muttmeister

My problem is...I think I like animals better than people. Right now all I have is two dogs; less animals than usual. When I remember raising my two difficult children, or my failed marriage, I think - give me animals any day.
They don't talk back. Unlike humans, they usually respond to behavior modification techniques. They make less mess than my kids or my ex-husband. I have cleaned up less poop and pee from them than I did from my babies. They don't complain about what I feed them. They don't talk about me behind my back when I'm not there. If I decide to take a nap, they just nestle down with me instead of telling me I'm lazy. They enjoy the little things in life. They don't think I"m stupid. They aren't embarrased to be seen with me. They are happy to see me whenever I've been gone. They give me unconditional love.
Yup, give me animals any day.

Jena

Andy i'm sorry i missed this one, i was laughing when i read it. Never mind the Bella issue when he said she has mental problems and they were discussing how it is supposed to help those with mental problems i was weak.

Way too cute.