I just paid...

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by flutterbee, Nov 4, 2008.

1. flutterbee

flutterbee Guest

..$1.96 for gas. !!! I was so excited...it felt like I had won the lottery!

I was so excited that I didn't even mind that I pulled up on the wrong side and had to get back in the car and move it. :bag:
  2. gcvmom

gcvmom Here we go again!

OMG! Where do you live? I WANNA MOVE THERE!!!

I paid $2.49 and thought THAT was exciting! And Friday I paid $2.79 at the same place. Sure would be nice if the prices stayed this low for a while.
  3. Andy

Andy Active Member

Wow - I have been watching gas prices dropping these past few weeks and wondering if the elections have anything to do with them. Lower gas prices help our economy. Let's see what happens tomorrow or by the weekend. Will they start going up again?

We are still at $2.149.
  4. Jena

Jena New Member

That's a great price wow!!! I am still paying $2.70
  5. nvts

nvts Active Member

Man Heather! That's a great price! For me to get a good price, I have to shoot over to New Jersey, which wasn't a big deal (I do ALL of my shopping and even my banking in Jersey) until they raised the bridge toll to $8.00 a pop!

They get you comin' and goin' around here!

6. Lothlorien

Lothlorien Active Member Staff Member

It's about $2.24 here.
  7. Fran

Fran Former Site Owner

It's a relief to see the gas prices going down.
  8. flutterbee

flutterbee Guest

It is nice that the gas prices are going down.

But, don't get too excited. The economy in Ohio pretty much hoovers and has since 2001. Jobs are hard to come by and wages have been stagnant and have gone backwards. The housing market and foreclosure rate is really high here.

But, I'm still really excited about what I paid for gas!!! :jumphappy:
    Lasted edited by : Nov 4, 2008
  9. donna723

donna723 Well-Known Member

It's been holding at $2.29 here and I'm just thrilled! I drive close to 400 miles a week just to work and back so it's made a HUGE difference for me. Twice now I've put $15-$20 worth of gas in my tank and it almost wouldn't hold it all! I know it won't last forever but it would be nice if it stays this low till after Christmas ... fat chance!
  10. Hound dog

Hound dog Nana's are Beautiful

Yup. Me too. :D

Now if we could just get all the other prices back down......I'd be doing a happy dance.
  11. mrscatinthehat

mrscatinthehat Seussical

I have been doing 1.99. I plan to get a walmart card and get my next tank for 1.96 also. It is wonderful isn't it. My husband predicted we would get to 1.95. I sure hope he is right. We are close.

12. KTMom91

KTMom91 Well-Known Member

Hubby just told me he saw gas at $2.37 this morning. I'd be dancing in the streets if it got under $2.00.
  13. Wiped Out

Wiped Out Well-Known Member Staff Member

We are down to $2.39 here. Under two dollars would be awesome!
  14. trinityroyal

trinityroyal Well-Known Member

Gas prices have been dropping around here too. From a high of $1.41 per litre, it's now about $0.85 which is WAY better. Especially since husband and I traded in the giant SUV for a smaller one and a little runabout (combined they cost less in payments, insurance and gas).

Every little bit helps.
  15. Abbey

Abbey Spork Queen

$1.95 here, but that's for EGas. I'll take it. The car runs fine.

16. mom_in_training

mom_in_training New Member

gvc, I just paid the same in my area $2.49. Oh yea!!!! I can't remeber the last time I saw it sooooooo cheap. :)
  17. 4sumrzn

4sumrzn New Member

I paid $1.95 today. The first time I've filled the thing up in a LONG time!!!!!! :)
  18. Lothlorien

Lothlorien Active Member Staff Member

Still about $2.17 here.
  19. muttmeister

muttmeister Well-Known Member

Our local station is hovering at 2.24 but today I paid 1.92 at Sam's. I feel like I won the lottery! Except that I remember when I first started driving, it was about 29 cents a gallon so maybe it's not so great after all.