I knew there was a reason I color my hair...

Abbey

Spork Queen
I've been coloring my hair since my early 20's as I was rapidly going grey. I have not colored or cut it in the last 5 months initially because I wanted to see HOW grey I was. Imagine my surprise.:surprise: Then I thought I'd continue this path as if I go 'in the hole' I don't want to look too good. haha... Ladies, IT IS FLIPPING GREY AND I DON'T LIKE IT!!!:mad:

Why can't I have that pretty silvery grey instead of grey that looks like my used dishwater after it's sat for a day or two? How come guys get all the sexy grey hair?

Life just isn't fair sometimes.

Abbey

DammitJanet

I know. I just cut all my hair off. I mean its like in inch in the back and maybe 2 inches or so on top. That cut just about all the color out. Tony is making fun of me saying how I dont have any color and I am gray. He is just about all gray too but he has that silver gray with just a little dark black in it. His is pretty. Mine looks like dishwater. I think Im gonna get a silver rinse. If I decide to just let it go gray, I want a pretty gray.

TerryJ2

Abbey, there are gray highlighters you can use. I've seen some gorgeous grays out there.

Not to hijack the thread, but how are things going with-court and work release and all that?

susiestar

Roll With It
Go to walmart and get some of the jhirmack shampoo/conditioner for grey hair. When you wash, let them each sit on your hair for 2 mins or more. They can make a HUGE difference.

I had to stop coloring a couple of years ago because irritation from the dyes. My hair has more dark than it ever did, and is incredibly gray (I am turning 41 this coming week and am over 80% gray). Together they look like odd stripes/highlights in my long hair (almost 28" long according to Jessie). I have several different grays in my hair, and the dark hair that I never ever had before.

THe shampoo is purple and will make your grays look more silvery and pretty and are NOT expensive - but you have to search for them as they get kind of hidden.

Abbey

Spork Queen
haha, Suz, don't tempt me!!

Court thing? Well, I leave tomorrow morning for Madison. Court is Wednesday and I still have no idea what will transpire. Had to turn down a REALLY good job in Vegas for this stuff. sniff, sniff. Oh, well. I'll let you all know when I find out. Otherwise, my daughter will post. Thanks for the thoughts!

Abbey

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Abbey, we will be sending good thoughts and looking for YOU to update us. :flower:

XXX
Suz

KTMom91

Yep. Me too. My granny had the most beautiful silver hair, and if mine looked like that, I'd let it go. Right now I have a good-sized unlovely stripe because I can't afford to make an appointment with Martin the Hair God quite yet.

Of course, Hubby's gray is silvery, not dull and dishwatery. You're right. Not fair. At all.