I made Susiestar's brownie mix recipe

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by mstang67chic, Dec 11, 2009.

1. mstang67chic

mstang67chic Going Green

Susie, dear? Next time you post that kind of recipe....you MAY want to EMPHASIZE the MONSTER BOWL part just a little more than you did. :rofl:

I had to dig out my monster stock pot to mix the stuff in! And THEN....I didn't have a metal wisk big enough so I used my arm. I think there is still a cocoa/flour cloud in my kitchen.

The only thing....the last "batch" was not quite two cups. I was thinking about trying to adjust the baking recipe to work but I'm not sure my math skills are that great! LOL

2. klmno

klmno Active Member

LOL! I have a huge bowl just for mixing stuff like that- I hope it's big enough -these sound delicious!!

3. mstang67chic

mstang67chic Going Green

If it's a bowl....I can guarentee it won't be. LOL I took a picture with my cell. It's not the greatest but I'll post it.

4. mstang67chic

mstang67chic Going Green

5. klmno

klmno Active Member

:rofl:

Ohh...now I see- I need to get one of those huge pots that they use in cafeterias! Maybe I'll just try cutting the recipe in half- or fourths. LOL!!

6. susiestar

susiestar Roll With It

Sorry. I guess I just assume everyone has a huge bowl like I do. I got mine years ago from a farm and home store. It really IS big enough to handle this easily.

husband has been pouting because I haven't made salsa for him in a couple of years. When I make it, I make enough to FILL the bowl I use for this recipe. To within about a centimeter of the top. I cheat and use canned diced tomatoes in it. The first few times I diced tomatoes. After a couple of hours of dicing that juice burns the top layers of skin off!

I have a LOT of recipes that are that big. I will try to remember to halve them when I post more.

Have you baked a batch?? Let me know how you like them, please?

7. mstang67chic

mstang67chic Going Green

I hope to bake the partial batch today. Between my cousin who bakes a lot, and me (who doesn't), I think we've got it figured out how to adjust the baking recipe on the partial batch that I had left over. by the way....do you have some left over mix that's not quite a full batch when you make it? I wonder if I messed up somewhere?

8. susiestar

susiestar Roll With It

I don't put it all into jars for gifts. I usually put about half into jars for gifts and then the rest goes into a big container for us to use. So I haven't ever really noticed if there was some left over or not. If we ever had just a partial batch we probably assumed Jessie measured wrong. She likes to make batches of stuff and doesn't always pay close attention to the measuring. But likely I saw it getting low and made another batch.