I made Susiestar's brownie mix recipe

mstang67chic

Going Green
Susie, dear? Next time you post that kind of recipe....you MAY want to EMPHASIZE the MONSTER BOWL part just a little more than you did. :rofl:

I had to dig out my monster stock pot to mix the stuff in! And THEN....I didn't have a metal wisk big enough so I used my arm. I think there is still a cocoa/flour cloud in my kitchen.

The only thing....the last "batch" was not quite two cups. I was thinking about trying to adjust the baking recipe to work but I'm not sure my math skills are that great! LOL

klmno

LOL! I have a huge bowl just for mixing stuff like that- I hope it's big enough -these sound delicious!!

klmno

:rofl:

Ohh...now I see- I need to get one of those huge pots that they use in cafeterias! Maybe I'll just try cutting the recipe in half- or fourths. LOL!!

susiestar

Roll With It
Sorry. I guess I just assume everyone has a huge bowl like I do. I got mine years ago from a farm and home store. It really IS big enough to handle this easily.

husband has been pouting because I haven't made salsa for him in a couple of years. When I make it, I make enough to FILL the bowl I use for this recipe. To within about a centimeter of the top. I cheat and use canned diced tomatoes in it. The first few times I diced tomatoes. After a couple of hours of dicing that juice burns the top layers of skin off!

I have a LOT of recipes that are that big. I will try to remember to halve them when I post more.

Have you baked a batch?? Let me know how you like them, please?

mstang67chic

Going Green
I hope to bake the partial batch today. Between my cousin who bakes a lot, and me (who doesn't), I think we've got it figured out how to adjust the baking recipe on the partial batch that I had left over. by the way....do you have some left over mix that's not quite a full batch when you make it? I wonder if I messed up somewhere?

susiestar

Roll With It
I don't put it all into jars for gifts. I usually put about half into jars for gifts and then the rest goes into a big container for us to use. So I haven't ever really noticed if there was some left over or not. If we ever had just a partial batch we probably assumed Jessie measured wrong. She likes to make batches of stuff and doesn't always pay close attention to the measuring. But likely I saw it getting low and made another batch.