I must be insane........

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Today's high hit 90.

While that's hot any way you care to look at it, it's even hotter when it was't just a couple days ago we were in the 50's.

Well I was determined that come what may, I was tackling the rest of the spring cleaning. What I worked so hard on before......had been nearly completely undone. I can't stand looking at it any more. I don't care what my physical condition....or anything else, this has GOT to get done!

So.....well yesterday was 92 degrees. No AC. Yeah. It wasn't even sort of cool enough upstairs to go to sleep until 4am. And notice I said "sort of". ugh I went to sleep around 6am.......maybe 7am. I was up again by 10am because low and behold it was already growing warm upstairs.

I get up, come down and turn on the fans, put the dogs out, make my coffee and sweat while drinking it. Fun.

And I keep looking at the mess. It actually got a little worse because learning to coupon......plus building a stockpile....or rather adding to the one I already had.....of course added to clutter and trash.

One cup of coffee later and I'm tackling it. I have to do it bit by bit......and I'm a tad Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) about cleaning so I have to be careful to first just get it picked up and the trash out of the way........don't stop and scrub.......or it takes me ten times as long. A half hour later I had found my kitchen table and the kitchen floor again. The males in my house evidently believe if the trash can is full simply stick the trash on the nearest available surface. grrr At least they'll put it into walmart bags, but still......the outside trash cans are right outside the kitchen door for pete's sake.

All this time I"m dripping sweat. Soooo much fun.

Well husband wakes up about noon (don't ask me how he stayed upstairs that long) and sees me cleaning. This is his cue to MOVE. He had better not dare to SIT while I'm cleaning. So he does the livingroom.......

And suddenly decides it's hot enough to put in the AC units. lol So he puts the one in the bedroom. (thank heaven) And puts the other small unit into the livingroom. But the unit for the main part of the house is too big for him to do alone......and Travis is unconcious due to staying up all night as it's the only time he can use his computer in this heat. I tell husband not to worry about it, I could survive until Travis got up for supper. The livingroom has a door......so he went ahead and turned that unit on.

I kept right on cleaning. I tackled the pantry next. It needed shelves washed down and the whole stockpile in there needed reorganized to fit everything.......and so I can find what I need. My kitchen table filled up again. lol And using awesome I tackled the shelves ect, then organized it. I now even have a free shelf and room to add to another shelf. I have stuff to add to it too.....I haven't gotten that far yet. lol And while doing this I was also doing laundry and scrubbing counters and appliances.

Next thing I knew it was 6pm and time for supper. I trotted upstairs, woke Travis, told him in order to eat he had to stay awake, then help by carrying in the main AC unit.

At least the livingroom was cool enough we could eat in there. Heat makes me lose my appetite......if I'm not careful during the summer I can go days without eating without realizing it.

Did the dishes. Still tackling laundry. But now I am pooped. Doesn't really look like I did all that much.....unless you saw it before. And didn't seem like I did that much in comparison to what I can normally do in the same amount of time. But I think the heat had something to do with that.

Back at it tomorrow. And since the AC is in and working it should go faster. I just can't believe that of all days for the cleaning bug to bite me was one of the hottest so far. :imok:

I still have to be careful to go at it in layers. Otherwise I get too distracted and go off on cleaning tangents and it takes forever. ugh

crazymama30

difficult child dtr did the cleaning thing in the house, and I worked outside. I dug up and seeded the back yard (my arms and torso are killing me), cleaned up the porch and supervised (ie was a drill sargent) to difficult child son so he would pick up all the trash he has drug all over the yard, and finally we planted my last garden bed.

But it was barely 60 here.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Lisa, I was a nut yesterday also! I took down all the curtains, washed them, cleaned the windows and sills and exteriors, put the curtains back up, cleaned the house, sweated like a pig - sweat DRIPPING off my body - STOPPED at 4PM. Showered, had a BBQ with difficult child and E for a few hours. By 8 PM, I was spent, my knee was twice it's normal size, ice wasn't helping, and I was sweating like a pig again. Took all three dogs for a walk, then gave them all a bath, showered AGAIN, dragged the fan to my room and propped it up on the dresser, did a breathing treatment and tried icing my knee again, but the darn thing just wasn't cold enough! Finally passed out around 10:15, just after H got his butt up off the couch and asked if I'd taken the dogs out...well, duh, honey, I walked and bathed them and we've been (trying to...chill in front of the fan for an hour already. Nice of you to notice. Can't beat him up too much, because H made all the dinner stuff - burgers, dogs, and french fries & cole slaw. I did clean up, which was a cinch and E helped me. Funny how difficult child never feels compelled to help clean up after dinner but her boyfriend does. Lisa, I feel your pain (and mine).

*Edited to add that this all started at 1PM, AFTER I'd already gone food shopping with easy child...and after the temps hit a high of about 87. Ugh, humid. But I'm not complaining, I'd still take the heat over the cold ANY DAY!

Star*

call 911........call 911
PFT ------------

Today hit hi 90 -that's hot anyway you look at it????

Are you kidding?
Serioulsy?
When it's 90 here? We're all still in long pants, thinking - DAMN....when is it gonna get hot????????

You want hot honey? You come to Columbia. Even our City MOTTO is : Columbia WE ARE HOT! too far inland to get an ocean breeze, too far down to get a mountain breeze, too far East and West to get any kind of East West Crosswind.....North Winds don't blow here.....If a wind blows up from the South? It's hot already - so it just gets hotter....and you can LITERALLY cook an egg on the hood of my car by 11:00 AM nearly every morning - and if you go barefoot here all summer - WALKING on those hot rocks in Hawaii? Piece of strudel!

It's so hot here? Satan went to Myrtle Beach on vacation and LEFT!!!! Know why? He wanted to go HOME to air Conditioning!

Know why there are more churches and Christians in the South? Because it's so HOT here it reminds them Hell is ONLY a few degrees away - so you better get right or get left and burn up.

HOT? I got yer hot honey! I walked out of Walmart three days ago and said "I bet ya'll are wishing it would SNOW now!!!!!!" and five people turned around (and it was 95 degrees) and said "Shut yo' mouth"

I'm telling you if I don't get out of the South soon? I'm going to spontaneously combust. Or internally combust from the snow-haters. (stares evil daggers of ice cicles.....back at Frosty haters) idiots....said under breath as she walked to her car in WM parking lot. ...........secretly praying for snow.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Star, it's a good thing I finished my coffee before logging on, lol. I always dream of living down south somewhere, but they'd probably throw my yankee butt out! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the heat...the hotter, the better!

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Personally, I'd rather sweat than shiver.

Just sayin'.

...I used to live in the desert. 110-120 was NORMAL for me. Yes, it was a DRY heat. So what.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Well to be honest Step, I'd rather sweat than shiver too. Except when it comes to sleeping. I can't sleep if I'm hot. I can be tired as h*ll......be 3 days without sleep, but if it's hot I'll just lay there and be miserable.

I guess I'm a Yankee to the core, I want no part of living in the south. lol It's pretty there, but much too hot for me.

We reached 97 degrees yesterday according to the outside thermometer and the bank downtown' thermometer. I believe it. I did laundry all day while wishing I had a clothesline in the back yard. I don't have a line in the backyard because Betsy thinks laundry on the line is some unique elaborate toy Mom has hung up for her. ugh

I hate to complain about the heat. This is the longest stretch we've had without rain or snow in quite a while. I know what motivated me.......the SUN. Which I've enjoyed seeing. Just would be nicer to see it with some more spring time temps. lol

Starbie, I'm so glad I had as yet picked up my coffee mug when I read your post. lmao

I don't get the moist heat / dry heat thing. HOT is HOT no matter which way you cut it. But I will say in high humidity I can't breathe very well........ Normally heat doesn't bother me much, IF I get a chance to get used to it. Going from 50's to 90 in like 2 days does not give a person a chance to get used to it. blah

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
The only difference I have been able to determine between DRY heat and OHIO (Florida, parts of TX, anything on the East Coast) is...

DRY heat - sweat evaporates, making you FEEL cooler
OHIO - sweat stays on the skin, effectively sealing in the heat.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Oooookay I'll give you an idea of how much pity you will NOT git from me....

I'm on the phone with my little Yankee momma....today......and I'm in the Dollar General (I'm thinking key word here Dixie General) And I say just above a whisper because I HATE to talk on the phone in public "It's too cold to go outside and sit on the patio?" and EVERYONE in the store, at the register, in line ASKS me - (as if they are in your conversation cause that's what they do here) "Where is that person?" and I said "It's Momma and she's in Ohio, it's too cold to sit on the patio today. Don't we all feel so bad for her?" ...I swear we literally heard the cricket and cockroach having a conversation in aisle three. I know for a fact I heard the eyelashes flutter of the woman behind me, and then a man said "Yeah.....we feel bad fo' yo' Moms." Then I said "Mom? You hear that?" so she said "I can FEEL the love." they all laughed and I walked out to face the blast furnace, get in my non-air conditioned care - which by the way here in Columbia means not only am I poor I am braver than brave. And told her she was welcome to come here and sweat with me because now even the dog pool is looking preeeety good.

When I do get North? I am going to Cleveland, joining the Polar Bear club and diving into Lake Erie in December naked. It will take me about 3 months to actually FEEL how cold it is or catch a chlil I am THAT hot. Even today when the doctor wanted to write me a script for high blood pressure medications? I said I bet it's just the fact I have NO AC in my car.......I refused. I'm telling you - HOT is great - This hot? Is helk.

DammitJanet

It was hot here today...ok yesterday. My car wouldnt cool off with the AC until I actually drove through car wash to cool it off because my car had been sitting in the sun for a few days without being moved.