I seem to pop in every 5 years or so with an update. My oldest is now 30

TerriH

She is actually doing well. And, instead of hurting herself when she is depressed (she is bipolar) she can now contact her health team and ask to be admitted.

And she has actually built herself a life. She has been married for a few years now and she is employed part-time. Mind, she is herself still, but she has learned some coping skills. For instance, when she was passed over for a promotion she did not go home and self-harm, instead she got mad, quit, and had gotten a different job by the end of the day.

She is still hot tempered, impulsive, and reckless but she is also compassionate and honest. She has learned some serious skills and she uses them

And I am proud of her

New Leaf

Hi Terri
It’s so nice to hear good news, thank you so much for sharing. There is hope for our wayward adult children. Take care!
New Leaf

TerriH

I gotta tell you, I got a lot of grey hairs from that kid. And I spent some nights in emergency rooms. But she made it.

'Nuff said.

Tiredof33

She is actually doing well. And, instead of hurting herself when she is depressed (she is bipolar) she can now contact her health team and ask to be admitted.

And she has actually built herself a life. She has been married for a few years now and she is employed part-time. Mind, she is herself still, but she has learned some coping skills. For instance, when she was passed over for a promotion she did not go home and self-harm, instead she got mad, quit, and had gotten a different job by the end of the day.

She is still hot tempered, impulsive, and reckless but she is also compassionate and honest. She has learned some serious skills and she uses them

And I am proud of her

Tiredof33

thank you!! It is VERY encouranging to hear a success story. I have been in bed with my head covered for days from disappointment and fear. But, I still have hope!