I think alot of us need a vacation!

Discussion in 'General Parenting' started by StressedM0mma, Mar 15, 2013.

1. StressedM0mma

StressedM0mma Active Member

It seems as if alot of us are having a hard time with our right now. Where are we going? I vote for a quiet island with no phone service?

2. greenrene

greenrene Member

With unlimited froo froo drinks served in coconuts by bronze, muscular cabana boys (hey, a girl can dream, can't she?). And massage service. Performed by aforementioned cabana boys. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh

3. Bunny

Bunny Active Member

I'm there!! When do we leave?

4. buddy

buddy New Member

Seriously, I dream of a vacation. I haven't even had a weekend for many years. I visited relatives four years ago in Ohio, it was fun but not a vacation. Took Q to Disney World when he was 6 and so that means ten years since any vacation.

I wish desperately we could go somewhere. But, not gonna happen.

5. TerryJ2

TerryJ2 Well-Known Member

Absolutely, we all need a vacation, with-o out difficult children.
    Sigh.
    I am going with-husband to one of his chiro conventions in May .., typical of how he operates; he needs to earn credits to keep his license current, and it's a tax writeoff. Always better than nothing. I remember one time, about 10 yrs ago, when I told husband I wanted to go on a vacation to a hotel to the place of my choice. Pay cash or credit card, no reason, just a get-away.
    He literally sat there with-his jaw hanging open. "What about the timeshare? What a about a convention? What about ... "
    "No."
    "You mean, just the two of us, for no reason?"

Ya think????

6. buddy

buddy New Member

Oh, Terry! What a romantic dream boat you have.

7. buddy

buddy New Member

And I'd even be glad to bring Q at this point. Anything for a change.

8. TerryJ2

TerryJ2 Well-Known Member

9. StressedM0mma

StressedM0mma Active Member

Ok. My bag is packed. And Terry your husband is so romantic. One day I may just run away from home. I am going to stay this week though, because easy child is coming home for spring break tmrw!!! I will be happy to have her here for a few days.

10. Winnielg

Winnielg New Member

Remember the commercials.... "Calgon take me away!" Sigh - just came to mind!

11. Hopeless

Hopeless ....Hopeful Now

I'm ready.

12. JKF

JKF Well-Known Member

Ohhhh I wanna come! I'm so ready for a white sand beach, turquoise waters, a frosty beverage (or 6!) and NO difficult child's!!! !