I think I have a touch of PTSD...

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by Mom2oddson, Mar 7, 2011.

1. Mom2oddson

Mom2oddson Active Member

I've been an emotional wreck for the last week or so. Don't know if it's because I burnt the candle at both ends and ran out of wax or what.

Anyhow, easy child is home for Spring Break. This morning I went downstairs to get the keys to the car from him since he used it last night. As I went down the stairs I got the old scent of boy. It should of been nothing, but it reminded me of Ant and his stoner friends so I had this flashback and started panicing to the point that I woke up easy child demanding if he's using.

I know easy child isn't using anything. But that smell (and it wasn't pot it was sweaty boy smell) triggered this full-blown panic of "I knew it...All my kids have problems"

I still have 3 weeks until my next therapist appointment and I really need it. My depression is getting bad and AD's and I don't get along. The last one helped with the depression but my blood pressure had a difference between the top and bottom of 10 points. And that was the one with the least side-effects.

If I'm not depressed, I'm swimming in anger/rage.

I'm heading to my Mom's tonight to use the treadmill. I figure an hour or so should release enough endorphins to help my mood. Then tomorrow, I'm taking a 1/2 day from work to go celebrate my friends b-day. Maybe that will help lift my mood for a while.

Thanks for letting me vent.
  2. Hound dog

Hound dog Nana's are Beautiful

I still have periodic PTSD moments. Nothing like years ago........but every once in a while they sort of sneak up out of the blue and bite you in the fanny. I can't even always find the "trigger" either....... just poof there it is.......and I talk myself through it.

Treadmill is good. Almost have the house to the point mine can be brought in to the diningroom where I can use it easier. Enjoy your friends birthday as well. Sometimes it's the little pleasures in life that are our biggest life lines.
  3. Star*

Star* call 911........call 911

I'm still prone to those PTSD moments too....'fanny biters' lol......and much like HD - I talk to myself.....no, wait - I .....aw skip it.

My saving grace was a 12 lbs shot put. Actually it was a counter weight for an antique gate - but I'd take it - go out in the field - spin around throw it - walk out get it - walk back - repeat. Did that for about an hour - and it helped with the stress so much. Amazingly enough I tried the treadmill - but no one left me alone. You throw a 12 lb weight in a field and yell while you are doing it? Complete solitude.

Hope you find some peace tonight -
  4. tiredmommy

tiredmommy Site Moderator

Sending you a big {{{hug}}}.