I Think She Got My Message. FINALLY.

susiestar

Roll With It
Jess loves to bake. So do I. This wouldn't be a problem except that she makes large batches of whatever and then doesn't cook them. She won't freeze cookies in logs or in individual balls, she often won't even put the batter in the fridge if she isn't going to cook it.

For the last YEAR we have gone round and round with husband and I telling her that she cannot bake if she cannot finish including dishes. cannot count the number of times I went into the kitchen and found batter or baked goods sitting out. More than a few times I have woken her up by shaking her and sharply callin her name It did not make much difference.

Today? I think she is scared. I told her one more time that she is not allowed to make any baked goods with-o asking (she tends to use the last of the very most expesive ingredients that are needed for a meal in her baking. Even if they are labeled for a meal.

I told her that she could expect batter on her head in the middle of the nght, and if it continued I might dump the bowl on her head also.

then I told ehr i was done talking. That it shouldn't have gone to this point, but she wanted to avoid the next one. Cause i am done talking about this with her. from now on? action she will greatly dislike.

Sometimes a little fear can be a very motivating thing.

susiestar

Roll With It
Part of the fun and frustration of raising Jess is that she is so much like me in many, many ways, so much like her dad in others, and alien to us both at the same time. Of course I think that is the definition of a teenager, isn't it?

trinityroyal

Susie, I am in awe of your creativity (and still taking notes for any future battles I will likely have with Tyrantina).

witzend

If she gets the message but only for a little while? Put some batter in her slippers or shoes. She'll figure it out.