I woke up in the wrong house today!!

hexemaus2

Old hand
Ssshhh! Don't tell the difficult children I told you guys this...

My house has been quiet enough to hear a pin drop ALL DAY today!!

Wow! I must be in the Twilight Zone or something.

difficult child 1 is in her room with her laptop (actually, she and difficult child 3 share it - they saved their allowance/extra chore money all summer to buy my old laptop from me.) She's been working on her online assignments most of the day.

difficult child 2 has been...OMG...I can't believe I'm saying this about Mr. I HateToRead, but he's been on the couch reading all day!! (He read an entire book yesterday and started on the 2nd book in the series today. OMG!!)

difficult child 3 is sacked out on the other couch sleeping. Poor guy has had so much trouble sleeping at night what with a cold, and ragweed season, and half his eye/nose still bruised and slightly swollen. He's just miserable trying to sleep at night.

Wow! Shhhh. Just don't tell them I told you guys.

B

bran155

Wow, I wish I woke up in your house today instead of mine. lol

Hope you have many more days like today. :)

Andy

Sounds like a book series that I need for difficult child. What is the title? And I wonder if it is in the air? My difficult child hates to read and only doe the bare minimum. In the last 5 years, he has only found one book he wanted to read! Today he came home with a book from school and said he is going to read it on his own, not just during reading at school.

Guess you get more fruit (which turns into pretend money) at school for each book report. Anything to do with money and you have my difficult child's attention. He truly is a future banker.

Andy

Diary of a Wimpy Kid - difficult child just read 100 pages today! He said there are about 113 pages left and he wants the 2nd in the series - the 3rd will be out next Spring?

"I don't want to stop reading!" Hex may have woken up in the wrong house, but I just brought the wrong kid home. Wonder who has my difficult child and if they are having fun yet?

Something is in the air. I hope it stays.

Hex, I gotta know what your difficult child is reading!

Wiped Out

Staff member
How wonderful-I hope it lasts!

Andy-I've ready both of the Wimpy Kid books to my difficult child (and he usually won't let me read to him but can't read himself). He can't wait for the third book!

hexemaus2

Old hand
Hmm...someone volunteering to wake up in my house...(evil laughing in the background...)

I might have to take you up on that! ;)

You realize, of course, that there's no guarantee that you'll wake up to the same situation, right? You could wake up to all 3 difficult children on the war path to make up for lost difficult child time.

But don't let that sway your decision. You could wake up to another day of peace and quiet. I'm sure you will.

What time should we expect you so I can book tickets to a deserted tropical island somewhere. Preferrably some place with cheap booze, bad phone service, and lots of scantily-clad native men. :D

Hee hee. I've never had someone volunteer to wake up in my house. There's this nagging little voice in the back of my head that's telling me I should really warn you, and check to see if you need medications because surely you don't want to voluntarily wake up here...but I'll just keep my mouth shut and take a day off. :) :) Hee hee hee hee!

Charmedpea

I thought you ment litteraly.. I had a friend do that she slept over my house and woke up at her's it was werid.

anywho that make me nervous when its quiet like I'm sitting here patiently for the other shoe to drop.

charmed

Andy

It's weird how we pray for just a day of peace and quiet and when it happens we are more on edge than ever. What's wrong now? It is so new to us we don't know how to react.

svengandhi

Diary of a Wimpy Kid is the FIRST book my 9 year old has ever read by himself. He is right now sitting in the kitchen engrossed. I told him finish the book or read for an hour (weekend reading assignment) and it's been 1 1/2 hours. He loves and can't wait for the second one.

In his case, I think it's because he has 3 older brothers.

difficult child on the other hand is sitting in the living room reading Tom Clancy.

Only PC12 doesn't read for pleasure at this point, but he's dyslexic so it's hard for him. He is, however, reading The Five People You Meet in Heaven for his reading logs.

It is SO wonderful when our kids discover the joy that reading on their own can bring to them (and to US!)