I'm entering my art into....

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by timer lady, Mar 28, 2010.

1. timer lady

timer lady Queen of Hearts

an auction. I've consulted with many artists here in the community & they encouraged me to give it a go.

Saying that, the auction benefits the Traumatic Brain Injury Association of MN. The TBIA is looking for art from those with Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI); they are asking for an essay on that injury & how art has helped with recovery. I was unable to draw a decent stick figure before my injury but could create one heck of a balance sheet; now I struggle to balance my checking account & pay bills but can do some kick :censored2: watercolor paintings, pastel paintings & conte/graphic pencil drawings ~I will include that on my essay.

If, and that's a big IF, my art is selected & is sold there will be a 15% donation given to the TBIA of MN & I will have the rest. I'm hoping this will be a new direction to my life as art & music have been my saving graces during the last few years.

Keep your fingers crossed. I'm mailing out my stuff tomorrow.

2. DammitJanet

DammitJanet Well-Known Member Staff Member

Oh how cool Linda!

I could do accounting and balance sheets before my meningitis too but now cant do the bills. Unfortunately I didnt develop artistic talents! I still cant draw a stick figure...lol.

3. nvts

nvts Active Member

Linda, you are such an inspiration - this is fantastic news - I'm so proud for you! You're an amazing woman!

Beth

PS: I hope it all sells - you have to take a picture and post it for us...I'd love to see what you're doing!

4. Shari

Shari IsItFridayYet?

Amazing, Linda! Fingers crossed for you!

5. totoro

totoro Mom? What's a GFG?

The art you post on the board is wonderful! Anyone would be so lucky to bid on it and win. :)

And it is for a great cause.

6. gcvmom

gcvmom Here we go again!

:bravo: I think that's wonderful!

7. Hound dog

Hound dog Nana's are Beautiful

Wonderful news Linda!!!

Weird, I was a fairly good artist before the Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI).......but after, it's taken on a life of it's own so to speak.

I hope you sell some of your art. What a great cause too! Can you post pics of what you're sending them so we can see?? Please.:D

8. susiestar

susiestar Roll With It

What a great thing to do! I am rooting for you. Is this an in-person auction or an online one? If it is online, or if there is a link to it, could you post it for us? I would LOVE to see your artwork!

Hugs!

9. KTMom91

KTMom91 Well-Known Member

How cool is that? I'd love to see your work as well.

Way To Go, Linda!

10. crazymama30

crazymama30 Active Member

Isn't the brain an amazing and puzzling thing. Good luck Linda. Sounds really neat.

11. DaisyFace

DaisyFace Love me...Love me not

Linda--

Good for you! Let us know how it goes....

12. Nomad

Nomad Guest

Rushing...read fast and may have missed something....
    BUT all I can think is AWESOME...you go girl and best of luck!!!!
    Keep us posted.

13. witzend

witzend Well-Known Member

Very cool!

14. busywend

busywend Well-Known Member Staff Member

Funny the words that came to mind were written multiple times above: Wonderful & awesome!

I hope you enjoy every minute of it!!!

15. Wiped Out

Wiped Out Well-Known Member Staff Member

Awesome!!

16. TerryJ2

TerryJ2 Well-Known Member

Ditto--Awesome!!!
    Life is so strange. I'm so glad this is working out for you.
    Congrats!