I'm quitting my job.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Abby,
I'm so sorry. Dealing with everything you are dealing with and not receiving support from the principal just stinks. The group counseling in your case sounds not at all what is needed. Again, I'm so sorry.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Thank you for all of your support. I thought about contacting an attorney, but frankly I don't think I could go through the drama of keeping a job that right now I just don't want anymore. It is not that I don't love the kids, I just can't take the drama anymore.

Tomorrow should be an interesting day.

Abbey

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
There are too many possibilities out there to waste your time with an attorney and $$$ on court room drama.....

Get your health under control, then look at what YOU would really like to do....

Rest, regroup, and rebound!

trinityroyal

I'm sorry that things are so stressful at work, Abbey. I don't know a lot about the US regulations for medical leave, quitting vs. being let go, etc. But I do have a thought about transferrable skills.

Have you ever considered getting into corporate training? With your experience as a teacher, you have all of the skills you need to be very successful in that type of work. And it's the sort of thing that you can do freelance, if you have a mind to it.

You can make very good money, and more importantly, as a contractor/freelancer, you have much more control over when you work and who you work for.

If you want more information, please PM me.

All the best, and don't let them get you down.
Trinity.

scent of cedar

I'm sorry this is happening, Abbey.

I know this is going to sound so hokey, but have you tried meditation? The deep, even breathing turns a switch for us. If our bodies are deep breathing, it sends a message to our brains that everything is fine. Soon enough, our brains will believe it and switch from ALERT status to DIGEST FOOD status.

(Sympathetic to para-sympathetic systems.)

Won't help in the midst of a panic attack, but the practice might make a difference in the general level of anxiety and because of that, reduce the number of panic times.

That therapy group sounds ridiculous. Sometimes, choosing a challenge for ourselves and meeting it successfully can be more helpful than any therapy group.

I started ballet lessons during one especially bad time in my life. It was a horrible experience! Like being be naked and awkward and non-talented in public and I PICKED it for that.

And I grew to love it, and it taught me to be strong in a way I had never been strong, before.

Karate was sort of the same thing.

Awkward and inexperienced and clumsy and then, soon enough, I had mastered the basics there, too.

Better than therapy, I think, when the anxiety arises through things we have no control over.

Take control.

But you have to put yourself into a safely challenging place to do that, I think.

Wishing well, Abbey.

Barbara

Abbey

Spork Queen
Oh, yes...tried medications without a whole lot of success. Oddly enough, I AM on an anti-anxiety medication. It is basically a strong antihistomine that they found worked well for anxiety. I started taking it last May.

The light bulb went on this morning as I went to my doctor (right before I *formally* resigned) because I've had on and off bouts with walking pneumonia, but what was more irritating is the constant COMPLETE nasal congestion. I've had my fair share of sinus infections, and I knew it wasn't that. So, they do xrays...no, no infection. Then he asks me about what medications I'm taking. At this point, just Allegra D and the anti-anxiety, which fortunately I had in my purse.

Case solved. There was so much antihistomine in it that it was causing my nasal passages to swell shut letting nothing out. So, no more of that medication. I've got a call into the physchiatrist to see if he can recommend something else.

Abbey

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Case solved. There was so much antihistomine in it that it was causing my nasal passages to swell shut letting nothing out. So, no more of that medication. I've got a call into the physchiatrist to see if he can recommend something else. </div></div>

:hammer: Abbey, I think you are getting somewhat close to Linda in having a really horrendous 2007. :hammer:

Who'd a thunk an antihistamine would do that damage? :faint:

At least the case is solved. Onward and upward from here, I hope. :bravo:

Big hugs,
Suz

busywend

Glad you solved the mystery!

I hope you can find an anti-anxiety medication. Having anxiety is for the birds!

I have been taking Wellbutrin for anxiety. It has worked somewhat. Some days are worse than others - which would probably be the case with or without the medication. It does help me stay focused, so it must be at least putting the anxiety thoughts in the back of my mind.

So, how did it go at work? Did they really let you walk out of their door?

Abbey

Spork Queen
It was a tearful goodbye. I think they were shocked that I'd actually do it. The headmaster told me I could come back any time. I go on Sunday to clean out my room. Sigh...

Abbey