It's 8:50 AM

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by flutterbee, Nov 19, 2008.

1. flutterbee

flutterbee Guest

and I'm eating a Weight Watchers Slow Roasted Turkey breast and mashed potatoes meal.

I tell ya, I've been craving meat so much. I'm not normally a big meat eater, but this just isn't letting up. When my mom was here Thursday, she made taco meat for Devon to heat up. I ended up eating it all right out of the container - no shell, cheese, sour cream, nothing - in 3 servings. Hamburgers, roast beef - some chicken and pork - but I want red meat.

What is my body telling me that I need?
  2. mrscatinthehat

mrscatinthehat Seussical

Are you low in iron? Have you been losing weight? I go through times like that and it is kind of cyclical what I want to eat. It could be worse!!!!

3. flutterbee

flutterbee Guest

The last time my iron was checked it was fine, but that could have changed. The only time I've been anemic was when I was pregnant. I did lose 4 pounds in one week (weighed at doctor's office both times), but other than craving meat, I don't have much of an appetite. I eat about once or twice a day and it's usually later in the evening or night.
  4. hearts and roses

hearts and roses Mind Reader

Most people I know go through periods where they crave certain foods - can't get enough. For instance, for a few MONTHS I was craving non-stop avacados. I ate a whole one nearly every day. Surprisingly, I didn't gain weight or have any adverse affects from eating them so much. You would have thought with all that fat, I would have gained a little. My APRN said that my body was likely needing a component or protien or simply the fats from the avacados, thus the craving and no weight gain.

When I used to eat meat regularly, I always craved red meat right around the onset of my periods - every month. I had to have bloody steaks and hamburgers. It was almost obscene that way I ate red meats during that time of the month. And my iron levels always come back normal.

Unless you have had any adverse reactions to eating all that meat, I wouldn't worry too much about it. However, I know that you have some other health concerns, so it may be worth at least a phone call to the DR.
  5. Abbey

Abbey Spork Queen

I am a huge craver of foods for a period of time. Right now it is pickles and saurkraut. Weird, huh? I'll sit with a big old jar of pickles on my belly and occasionally snag some kraut. No, I'm not pregnant.;)

Then there was the PBJ's were the hit.

Part of the problem is living alone. You just don't do the 3 meals a deal thing. When I'm hungry I eat. It's not by the clock. It's probably not the healthiest way to live, but I guess I'm just lazy.