It's Week Nine - Hope your're doing Fine....

LittleDudesMom

:yourock:Hopefull this little dude applies to you, if not....

:sad: Perhaps this is more appropriate for you!

Whichever you choose, or wherever you are in your new healthful living life committment, we are here to support you!

Spring is coming, so that's means summer is as well :hawaii_girl:! Lighter and fewer clothes are the order of the day. I know for me, I am looking forward to not being so hot! One thing I noticed last summer was that I was more uncomfortable than in the past. I'm not going to be at my goal this summer, but I'm working towards looking fine in 09!!!!!!!!

WW update from last night for easy child and me. easy child went down .5, what with her three days at the DECA conference and eating out every meal, is a good thing. I was down 2.8, which shocked the heck outa me because I made some not great choices when eating out over the weekend due to the power outage. easy child is a couple ounces shy of 7 pounds I believe, and I am at a grand loss of 22.8! I have to say that I am proud of myself. I think that my comiittment to get back to the gym :treadmill: is really going to help. My inner thighs were screaming this moring when I got on that machine, and it was really tough to finish the second rep on the push up machine. My upper body strength is the pitts!

I hope that most of you are finding your life change a little easier and remembering that obstacles will always stand in our way. Let's be strong together and knock them outa the park!!!!!!

Here's a quote for you to remember if your life change is weight loss - "If you put in more than you put out, you'll put on!"

I look forward to hearing about everyone's week nine.

Sharon

Star*

call 911........call 911
-I heard that scream - I had NO idea it was your thighs....lol.

I am in the midst of putting more exercise in my routine - currently I have none so that should not be too hard - I am going to get back on the Gazelle.

A few things have come to light- When we have our difficult child's and their problems it is almost /nearly impossible to make the time to take care of ourselves so constant reminders that I must do this and not cheat or snack or graze - or have a bag of air puffed pop corn with-cheese and Famous Amos cookies in a box under my bed -is not helping.

I'm still doing the WW for lunch and only water.

It also occurred to me that if NOT cheating on my diet and making false deals with myself is THIS hard - how hard it must be for difficult child to change his behaviors -

Brag of the week: I've learned to be more tolerant of difficult child's changing behaviors - because I'm trying to change ONE behavior and it is VERY hard to stick to -

Brag 2: I had to go to a daughter bra - I think the walking has made a mess of my body - I got no less weight and double the ta ta's - figure that one out - 'cause it ain't muscle.

LOL:laughing:

GOOD JOB LITTLE DUDES MOM!!!!

trinityroyal

Sharon, I continue to be impressed by your progress. What an accomplishment. Way to Go!

Star, the way our bodies change when we are changing habits is truly amazing, isn't it. And Hey, if you're carrying the weight up front that's not a bad thing. Walking seems to be the best possible exercise for whatever ails you.

My week has been pretty darn good.

I had another dance class yesterday after work. At one point, my instructor twirled me and I tripped over my feet and fell down. He blinked at me, said, "I forgot this is only your third lesson" and helped me up. :redface: (Made me feel great that he forgot I was a beginner. That even made up for falling on my :censored2:)

I think I am going to start focusing more on emotional health over the next while, now that my family is getting on track with fitness and healthy eating. I was talking with my therapist about my difficult child-parents during our last appointment. I have asked myself for a long time, what's wrong with me that my parents didn't or couldn't love me. The therapist said that I know intellectually that it's not my fault, but I'm still carrying around all of the hurt from so long ago. So...for the next while, that's my goal. Healthy mind in a healthy body. Now that the body is underway, I need to sort my head out.

Keep up the good work everyone. We Rock!

Trinity

LittleDudesMom

Star, I have a "generous portion" up top and have a goal of buying a bra at Victoria Secret. At the actual store, not online. Online has sizes a little bigger I believe. The largest size in the store is a 38D. I just want one of those very sexy numbers :hellosoldier:!!

Trinity, :cutie_pie:I just can't get that vision of you, wide-eyed, on the floor of the dance floor!!!!!!!!!!! I can tell you that for me, the "state of my mind" gets better with the healthy eating and exercise. I don't have stuff to really work out from my past (other than why I was with the :hammer:bonehead for so long) like you do, but I think it's great you are looking inward because the mind and body go hand in hand.

Sharon

Star*

call 911........call 911
Trinity - um.....says YOU. lol

LDM - I have it on good authority that Queen Latifah makes a bra called curvations that is a bust reducer (up to 1.5) inches and it's like an every day bra. BUT she has some black ones with flowers on them and they sell in Wally world for around $15.00 complete with lacy white flowers, and white with blue flowers and brown with dark brown lace and they are pretty sexy.

I have a girlfriend who is a 48FFF - I can wear one of her cups as a winter cap - not that I've tried. - Her boyfriend did. lol.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Sharon-Wow-you are doing great! Keep up the good work!

Star-Glad you are still doing a good lunch and working on adding the exercise!

Trinity-Glad you had a good week! Good to see you are working on the physical and emotional!

Barbara-Great job with the no smoking.

This has not been a good week. With difficult child in the psychiatric hospital I didn't get to the club very often and the eating, well way too much eating out due to being to tired after visits with difficult child. Also way too much emotional eating. Thankfully next week is spring break so maybe I can get back on track. Scratch that-I will get back on track!

I have to admit I'm a bit scared to weigh in on Saturday.

Jena

wow :)

so proud of you guys!!!

Leaps and bounds..........

Me i went to the gym today for the first time boyfriend made me go yes i was kicking and screaming lol

It felt great though and i decided to join and make it part of my weekly routine

I'm glad to hear you are all doing so very well :)

congratulations!!

Jen :)

LittleDudesMom

Star, Wow, triple F - nice hat visual this morning!

Sharon, this is so much a part of your lifestyle that I know you will get back on that horse and do well. You have the benefit of doing this for a long time. You can pull some of your strength from past experience and the rest of it from us! We love ya!

Jen, having someone to go with you is the best way to stick to it! I'm sure he won't leave you napping when he goes!!!!!!!! Good Luck

Sharon

trinityroyal

Trinity - um.....says YOU. lol

:surprise: Well...one of my aunties always said, "It's a good thing you have big feet, girl, 'cause with those t*Tourette's Syndrome, you'd tip over othewise"

So I do understand. I just figure that if I have to choose where the weight will go, better the balcony than the orchestra.

Sue C

Well, on Monday I went to Curves after not being there for many many many months!!!! HOORAY!! I thought I took it easy, but boy did my hips hurt that night and the next day. I have been too busy the rest of this week (appts, etc.) to get over there but will do my best to make it tomorrow (Friday) morning. I'll tell ya, it felt great walking through that door!

sue

I'm in a rush - Brief version - Combined weight loss between last week and this week is 1.2 lbs. I was pleasantly surprised as I'm no longer concentrating on losing weight.

On a less joyful note, my elliptical trainer died... As the old saying goes, "When one door closes, another opens...", at least I think that's how it goes, my broken elliptical has made my resistance bands seem more appealing. Unfortunately, I still haven't used them yet, but I'm sure I will get them out of the box this week!

I've been running on my treadmill. I guess this is a good thing because I really want to be in shape and ready when the nice weather arrives so I can run outside.

Just looked at the time - Got to go!!! I'll come back here later. WFEN

crazymama30

I quit smoking and started excercising feb 14, started a little later than some of you, but I still have not smoked (ok, 1 cigarette on sat) and am still excercising. I can do up to 45 minutes on an ellipictal, but the gym (public pool/gym) has a 30 minute limit if people are waiting, and they are most the time!! I can do about 30 min on the AMT (adaptive motion trainer). It's kinda like an ellipictal but harder. My heart stays higher longer while on it. I did break down and weigh myself the other day, and I have only lost 4 lbs. I have not dieted, figured I would rather quit smoking.

LittleDudesMom

WFEN, girl, get those bands out of the box!!! We've been waiting for you to try them and let us know...........

CM, 4 pounds in a month is great! You know, any down is nothing up!

Good going ladies!