Kinda obvious question, but would like your opinion anyway (s)....

N

Nomad

Deleted post.
Thank you very much for your helpful replies!!! :D

Last edited:

TerryJ2

I suggest you start writing screenplays. :smug:

Yup, you're right--some people never grow up. How sad. The really sad part is that they appear to be halfway intelligent, which means they will graduate and foist their particular brand of self absorption onto their patients/victims at some point.

Do you know the stretchpant woman well enough to tell her, nicely, that her outfit is inappropriate and distracting? Probably not, just a thought. No surprise that a guy picked up on it much sooner than the rest of the women, LOL!

The woman in front of you, obviously, you have to just ignore. But it would be tempting to play a not-so-funny April Fool's day joke on her and just remove the desk and chair that day. :tongue: Have her walk into a room with-an open space where she normally sits. :D Ah, life is fun. Enjoy.

N

Nomad

Terry...NO WONDER I LIKE YOU!!!!
(toooo funny)
Much deleted...thank you to everyone for your replies to this thread.

Last edited:

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Well....I am pretty much a social faux pas, but its not for lack of trying!

However, husband's ex dresses like you describe and she doesn't have the figure for it. She just turned 42. She's lost some weight, and might be down to a 16 now, maybe (she wears everything skin tight)? But she routinely wears "wife beaters" and slits the neck so they will expose even more boob than how they are originally designed, with spandex bottoms. easy child 2/difficult child thinks that is "pretty", so my assumption is that's what mom thinks is pretty. She dressed the same way in high school and was sent home repeatedly to put on appropriate attire, but she thinks that's just funny. Apparently, in her mind, that's perfectly ok to wear.

The second one...not sure. My first thought was an adult difficult child that knew they had to sit in a particular place to stay focused/"get" the lesson. But the eye rolling doesn't fit that scenario. Or maybe she's an Aspie and it does. I dunno. Or maybe she's just a sister-beulah-better-than-you that just needs her noggin whapped a few times. lol

KTMom91

Scenario #2...I would vote for the insecurity as well. I've had classmates like that, who have to be front row center and brown nose the professor, and then reinforce how smart they are with eye rolls or muttered comments.

Scenario #1...could also be insecurity. If she needs attention, wearing stuff like that gets attention.

N

Nomad

Shari...LOL! Keep on tryin....it's what we are all doing!
Much deleted.
Thank you for your comments re: this post.

Last edited:

tiredmommy

Just a thought on spandex lady.... do you suppose she's running in from the gym or an excercise class? She may be working out to keep the weight off and just be in "gym-mode" on the weekends?

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I guess I don't see anything too unusual about the gal in stretch pants. I'm inclined to think like TM that she's either been exercising or will go after class.........or maybe it's simply that this is her idea of being comfortable. Besides, it's Saturday and you're in the South so casual attire makes sense to me. All it takes is a trip to the mall or any other public place to know that casual dressing is de rigeur these days. I don't think I'd be too hard on her...especially when I see teenage girls in their pjs walking around- that really makes my hair curl.

When I go to classes I like to sit front row center so I had to giggle about that one. I found that I pay much better attention and get much better grades when I'm in the front row. I'm not obsessed with it but I wonder if your classmate is somewhat superstitious and thinks that if she sits somewhere else she'll flunk or something goofy like that? Kinda like the Tim Robbins character in "Bull Durham" who wore that ridiculous garter belt because Susan Sarandon had convinced him that it made him pitch better. lol

Suz

Last edited:

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Classmate 1. On sat she might have come from the gym. On sunday, I'd say someone noticed (with a look or comment), probably a male she's somewhat attracted to, and so it got skimpier and tighter 2nd day. Or since the professor is male and she is *cough* very female.......she may be using her bod to pass the class with a higher grade. I've seen this happen on occasion. What's worse is I've seen it work. lol We had 2 girls like this during our 1st quarter this year. It was nearly laughable the things they showed up to class wearing. Both have been dropped from the program.

Classmate 2. Insecure. Maybe about being back in the classroom at her age? I know I prefer to sit at least in the first row, doesn't have to be center but I like to make sure I can see what's going on. The looking down at people.....also insecure. She'd probably do it no matter where she sat. lol

TerryJ2

LOL! I wanted to give the Spandex Lady the benefit of the doubt, too, but assumed that Nomad had already vetted her/scoped her out in reg to gym class, and was correct, given Nomad's update.
So, buy the Spandex Lady a fuzzy thermal footy blanket coverup as a special gift, and do away with-that "special" desk in the front row. Just paint an X on the floor where the desk was.
;)

gcvmom

Here we go again!
There are difficult child's everywhere in life -- and we just happen to have really good difficult child radar!

I think you should sit in the desk nut's seat one day. Then you could turn and casually comment on how COLD miss spandex pants looks, and gee that's a distracting outfit -- where'd ya get it?

I hope the semester passes quickly!

N

Nomad

Most deleted...but...as I said before....

You guys are sweet...and funny too!

Many thanks ladies....off my chest. So appreciate the chat. :D

Last edited:

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Just to play the devil's advocate, I guess I like to give people the benefit of the doubt. When I worked at the high school it was a revelation...the kid with the rainbow mohawk turned out to be a really gifted actor....the guy with dirty hair and odd clothes had a very sweet heart, etc.

I've been surprised in the work place as well to find that the quirky admin was a computer genius and really funny. The woman who dressed like a floozy was brilliant and happily married. I'm sure you don't mean this thread to be mean-spirited but it seems somewhat unfair to make negative judgments on these women about such superficial things as clothes and where they choose to sit without bothering to get to know them first. It makes me sad when women are so hard on other women. Granted, they might be really weird or everything you think they *might* be....but the next time you run across this, ask them to join you for lunch and get to know them a little. You might be happily surprised to find they are really nice people. :)

Suz

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I think the eye rolling would bother me.
But living here in Tucson people hardly wear a thing on most occasions! It gets so hot I am surprised people aren't walking around in bikinis!
I have to admit I get jealous of people who can pull off revealing outfits. I would not dress like that, but I can appreciate a good body on a man or a woman! LOL
For me though I try to dress appropriate for where I am. I go to an IEP meeting I dress nice, I go to a dinner same thing, if I take a class I at least dress as though I am going to be seen by a lot of other people.
Some may like it, but others may think I dress like a dork! Who knows... LOL
But I guess it works for me. But right now I am wearing army cargo/capris and a black muscle tee! So I guess I am a dork!

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
husband was an actor/dancer in his younger days...he had TIGHTS on the first time he met my dad...nothing "flamboyant" and he was wearing a dance belt under his tights and a t-shirt over.

That and hair to his shoulders...dad nearly ran him off the property. Didn't accept him until he found out that they shared an interest in amateur radio. They wound up becoming fast friends.

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
I'm with Nomad on the issue of appropriate attire. Our society is deteriorating. I'm tired of seeing women's thongs when they bend down. I'm tired of their "tramp stamps". I don't need to be faced with their rear ends when I'm shopping and they're bending.
I also don't like when MDs call their patients by their first names and vice a versa. We need more decorum, not less.
When husband was in medical school, it was well known that a fellow student was using her "attributes" to get ahead. The teacher left his wife for this young woman. I was angry about that and I'm not ashamed of my feelings. The classroom is not a place for flaunting your attributes.

N

Nomad

Suz, I don't think you "get" me at all.
I woke up this morning feeling a little bad about this thread. I do have compassion for these folks as there is evidence of low self esteem. I also have compassion for myself. There is too much consistency and too many unkind behaviors along with the oddities. But I know that whatever the situation is....in the end, it is little concern to me, I will be fine, etc.
Like I mentioned originally, I do think that having been in the situation for many many hours made it tougher to cope with and confusing. Additionally, I was very drained since I went into the weekend with great burdens. (Was proud of myself for putting them aside and getting this class done!)
ETA
Much deleted.
Very much appreciate the helpful replies to the post.
Again....
Would like to ask that voluntarily there be NO more posts on this thread. Thank you.

Last edited: