Let's have a quotes thread again...

tiredmommy

we haven't had one in awhile!

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before beginning to improve the world."
-Anne Frank
I'm always amazed at what an eloquent thinker young Miss Frank was... I can only imagine what she would have done in our world had she survived.​

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
Wow! I love Dr. Seuss. I never knew about him until we got the boys, then I made up for it by reading his works to them all the time. They loved the rythms. Strange, but easy child never seemed to care for him.

Dr. Seuss is sort of like Monty Python in our family, we'll take any occasion to find similarities between our silly situations and some Seuss quote.

Star*

call 911........call 911
I don't know what you are saying those doughnuts look so delicious.

N. (Totoros daughter) :D

Means - I'm not listening to you - the creamstick is calling me. :laugh:

eekysign

Heinlein has always been my favorite:

1) Don't ever become a pessimist... a pessimist is correct oftener than an optimist, but an optimist has more fun, and neither can stop the march of events.

2) Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.

3)When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout.

and finally, something very useful when dealing with docs and SDs....

4) The phrase "we (I) (you) simply must —" designates some thing that need not be done. "That goes without saying" is a red warning. "Of course" means you had best check it yourself. These small-change clichés and others like them, when read correctly, are reliable channel markers.

KTMom91

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort." Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

"Odd things happen to all of us on our way through life without our noticing for a time that they have happened." Peter Pan

"I'm not stressed out. You're just completely annoying." One of my favorite buttons

Abbey

Spork Queen
When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout.

I have a new moto. Perfect.

Mine - Don't drink/text and dial.

That's never a good mix.

Abbey

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
My computer used to be named BFTL. When I met husband it totally bamboozled him.

Bounce First, Think Later

...Tigger

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
Ahem!

"I see no hope for the future of our people if they are dependent on
frivolous youth of today, for certainly all youth are reckless beyond
words... When I was young, we were taught to be discreet and
respectful of elders, but the present youth are exceedingly wise
[disrespectful] and impatient of restraint" (Hesiod, 8th century BC).

N

Nomad

The more you seek secuirty, the less of it you have. But the more you seek opportunity, the more likely it is the you will achieve the secruity that you desire.
Brain Tracy

Man's task is to become conscious of the contents that press upward from the unconscious.
Carl Jung

All work and no play may make Jim a dull boy, but no work and all play makes Jim all kinds of a jacka$$.
William Randolph Hearst