Letter from difficult child from sober house.

Nancy

I got a letter from difficult child today. The first thing I noticed was that it was addressed to "Mom" and then our address. The next thing I noticed was that her return address said "J (heart symbol) you."

She thanked me for the cookies I sent and said all the other ladies enjoyed them too. She said I was the best mom ever. She said she has 73 days until she goes 3/4 which means she gets her own room and can get a job. She gets to call us today or tomorrow since she will be off her two week restriction and she said she can't wait. We get to pick her up at 12 on Sunday and visit until 5. We live about 30 minutes away so she can come home for the afternoon and I told her I would make her her favorite chicken dinner. She said she is doing great.

Of course I know it's only been two weeks but she has never been so excited about seeing us in her life. Even when she was in residential for 60 days she never called or said she missed us. I think it all has to do with the fact that there are no guys in this house and she is fianally able to concentrate on herself.

I'll find out more about what she is really thinking when she comes home for her visit but I like what I am seeing so far.

Nancy

exhausted

Oh this is good news. There will be ups and downs, but we have to enjoy the ups because so few come our way! Its sad that we always have to wonder what they are "really" thinking. I do believe there are times when they are just feeling good enough to really love and miss us. The trick is for them to weather stress enough so they dont fall back into the blaming, lying,manipulating coping stuff. Enjoy your home visit!

KFld

Awesome news!! You must be so excited about Sunday. Hope the visit goes as well as the letter predicts it will!

Ephchap

Awww, Nancy, I know that had to make you feel good. Yes, unfortunately our kids don't realize what they have until it's gone. It took many years for my difficult child to see that. They have to be the ones to change things; only they can do it. This sounds like a great environment for difficult child. Hope the home visit goes well ! Sending good thoughts and hugs.

Deb