Little Miss Needlephobic got a tattoo!

KTMom91

Yep, Miss KT got a tattoo last night. On her side. It says "Matthew 7:5."

Don't know how she paid for it, since she called asking for money yesterday morning...

susiestar

Roll With It
This was probably one reason she called asking for money.

I just hope they spelled it correctly. I see SOOOOOOOO many misspelled tattoos, both online and in real life.

shellyd67

Hmmm... I am wondering exactly what that verse says ... I am going to google it.

Tattoos seem to be the in thing ... My nephew has atleast 20 of them but does not have one thin dime to pay child support to his Baby Mama ... Go figure !

TerryJ2

Oh, dear, that's a lot of needle work. I cannot figure out these kids!

Here's one translation:

"You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye."

Maybe she just got the exact words, "Matthew 7:5" and not the entire quote?

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Where did she get it! difficult child has a verse that wraps around her wrist. The sentiment is lovely, but the person who did it had ZERO experience tattooing words so it's very chunky looking and it sort of gets crooked at one spot. Iow, it doesn't look pretty.

difficult child has six and unfortunately she didn't put much thought into them so they are not very attractive, sort of scattered and Amy Winehouse-ish...I fear she will get more and really be like a circus side show.

easy child has five and there's only two that I think are stupid. She has one really big one on her side of a tree and within the tree there are symbols for each family member. It's huge, but really quite beautiful. I just wonder what it will look like when she's preggers one day! Lol.

I have three. I got them after I was already 40 and designed two of them, I only regret the last one-a zinnia on my ankle that easy child talked me into when we were in FL after her college graduation. Stupid! The other two, I love.

difficult child has gotten tattoos when she's broke, I don't know why they do that. And pcs big tree cost over $400. Makes me wonder.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I have three.

I was 19 when I got the first - on my shoulder - a huge Celtic knot. I was 22 when I got it colored in - I couldn't afford it to begin with. Didn't wear tank tops around my parents for 5 years!!! 23 when I got Kokopelli on my abdomen - WTH was I thinking - if I do get pregnant, I'm going to have Gumby-pelli... He's green. And 24, upper thigh, a star with a lizard in a circle around it - sort-of like Ouroboros, he's got his tail in his mouth, and he's got a Celtic knot on his back. That one's my favorite, and the best, and it can be totally covered by a round spot-bandaid - SMALL.

I want another one, with my grandparents on it, something WWII, USMC/USAAC, but I haven't got it totally figured out yet, so I am waiting.

KTMom91

It's on her side. She's wanted a classic Alice in Wonderland one for ages, but can't decide exactly where to put it.

I have two...Winnie the Pooh on my tummy and Mary's little lamb on my ankle. I was in my 30's when I got them. Something Celtic will be the next one, but until I decide definitely on what and where...

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I'm getting hand-sewn looking stitches across my scar, and the needle and thread will wind around and spell out either psalms 138:3, Philippians 4:13, or Chornicles 28:30. I haven't decided which one yet.

DDD

Chalk this up in the "old people" column, lol. I just don't get it. I "almost" get an itty bitty teeney weeney tat located somewhere unseen to others but multiple tats truly remind me of circus people. Thankfully none of the kids opted for tats...especially GFGmom as there's no telling what to heck she would have chosen. Then again, lol, she might pawn food stamps and get herself adorned. DDD

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
It's not an old people thing... I think it's generational. Onyxx wants "sleeves". EWWW. I wouldn't hire her...

cubsgirl

I have got two. The first one I got is the Chicago Cubs logo on my lower back (yeah- a tramp stamp sorta thing). The second one I got is Chinese symbols on my upper back in the middle - between my shoulder blades. I love them both, was in my 30's and thought for a LONG time before getting them. WHEN the Cubs win the World Series (LOL) I'm going to get my Cubs logo amended and put World Series Champions across the top in small lettering and the year underneath it. I told my Dad my plans and all he said was "It's not cool to get your tattoo fixed when you are 90". I guess I'm the only optimistic Cubs fan.

Funny story: I injured my lower back recently and went for a PT evaluation. The lady was pressing on different parts of my lower back and she said to me "I hate to tell you this but your team is losing". I said "What are you talking about?" She said "The Chicago Cubs". I said "How did you know i'm a Cubs fan". I totally forgot about the tattoos because I cannot really see them.

Edited to add: I agree with you Step - sleeves are gross - plus she'd have to wear long sleeves all the time for a job.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Oh, Onyxx believes that she will be hired NOT based on her appearance.

Well, let's see. Appearance, attitude, disregard for authority and felony record aside... Oh, sure! Gauges and tats? No problem, we'll pay you $3000 an hour to goof off and do whatever you want...

...I want that job. Too bad it's imaginary...

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Edited to add: I agree with you Step - sleeves are gross - plus she'd have to wear long sleeves all the time for a job.

Depends on the job...

In a tattoo parlor, the sleeves would be a "plus"...

And there are lots of menial, manual-labor jobs where employers wouldn't care: farm labor, gas station attendants, kennel workers, collection callers...
you know...all the "good" careers...

TerryJ2

WHEN the Cubs win the World Series (LOL) I'm going to get my Cubs logo amended and put World Series Champions across the top in small lettering and the year underneath it. I told my Dad my plans and all he said was "It's not cool to get your tattoo fixed when you are 90". I guess I'm the only optimistic Cubs fan.

LOL!

Yeah, I can't see Onyxx into manual labor. Sigh.

I'm thinking that when I'm 70, I'll have all of my spider veins and varicose veins connected with-tattoos to look like vines. Or not.
:2dissapointed:

Nancy

difficult child got her first tatoo two weeks after going off to college on our dime. It is a script of "Love Forever and Always" with her then boyfriend's initias. Of course that boyfriend os long gone but the tatoo from wrist to elbow is still there and preventing her form many job opportunitites. She also has a lightening bolt on the back of her neck, a champaigne glass on her foot that says "classy" and a peace sign on her stomach, and who knows how many more that I haven't seen.

Nancy

DDD

Terry, lol, don't mark the calendar. I'll be 71 next month (yikes it almost is next month) and I don't have spider veins. on the other hand, maybe I should wear my glasses and look. DDD